Looking for a Mini Skid Steer

littlenick

TreeHouser
Hello all,

I am looking to buy a Mini Skid Steer in the next couple of weeks. I am looking for something around $4000, but if it is a bit more i could swing it. If you guys have anything or know someone with one for sale let me know!

I would like something along the lines of a thomas or a finn, but am open to anything.

Thanks!

Nick

I'm sure someone else will say it, but call TNT Dave first. If he can't help you then he will point you in the right direction. He's the forum mini dealer expert. :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm sure someone else will say it, but call TNT Dave first. If he can't help you then he will point you in the right direction. He's the forum mini dealer expert. :D

Thats what i was reading over in Andys old thread.

4K wouldn't buy ya the wheels or tracks up here! I have a MT 52 That I wouldn't consider selling for 3X what you want to spend. One with 750 hrs sold for 15K plus 2 taxes.

Richie Bros Auction had dozens of full sized NEW units last fall. Mini skids are just gettin' popular up here, finding a good used affordable one is like lookin' for hens teeth.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can buy used Finn eagles with between 200 and 400 hours all day long on equipment trader for between $5k and $6k. Its just more coin than i want to be putting out right now.

Anything diesel it is impossible to find an ok unit with less than say 1100 hours for less than $7k to $8k... The bobcat minis and the vermeer minis sell for the most.

Watch ebay, theres dingos on there all the time, if Dave can't help you out first!

3nb3mb3o15Z15W55S5a9n2c57dc0752e51096.jpg

3m93od3lc5Z55U15S5a9nb375f7624ad01f23.jpg

Looks like they bought it for a project and then parked it, or maybe it's a plumbing or electrical contractor and they use it for trenching? It looks very clean. How much do they want for it? TNT Dave will be the best one to give you an evaluation.

Year doesn't matter, see if you can get more pictures for evaluation. There are at least 4 of those machines on this board (Some are labeled Thomas instead.)

ETA: Actually, on further examination on a real computer, it looks different than the ones I've seen.

Year doesn't matter, see if you can get more pictures for evaluation. There are at least 4 of those machines on this board (Some are labeled Thomas instead.)

ETA: Actually, on further examination on a real computer, it looks different than the ones I've seen.[/QUOTE]

It's an optical illusion, Carl.............caused by all the parts being present!!!:lol:

I do see that the lift cylinders are vertical, whereas mine are angled. And the tilt cylinder is different, unless that's a cylinder specifically for the backhoe, perhaps giving more range of motion?

Look at the rear of the machine, the sides of the operator station are different, no doubt because of the different cylinder arrangement.

Looks odd to me to. What model is it? I've got a ramrod 950 and it's kick ass imo. Only mini I've ever run though.

Heard boxer was working on a retrofit of joystick controls. I would assume they are listening to customer complaints. I don't see the big deal. I find it easy to run the setup as is. Actually separate drive controls allows less turf damage imo.

Every mini I've ran has independent drive controls save Vemeer which had dual joysticks. Unless your anatomy is different than mine, you can't make a Boxer do what my Thomas can.

I am glad to hear they are looking into making it available. Hopefully they don't fudge it. It's not that hard of a thing to change out.

Back