New Top Handle Husky.

Tree Reb

TreeHouser
There's a new top handle Husky out T540XP. I can't find anything about it other than it's 40cc.

Looks like they might have it right now, looks a lot like a 200 and the oil cap is easier to get to.

Anyone know anything about them?

t540xp.jpg T540XP_H110-0184.jpg

all I know is I bought one of the first T345's around last year ...those design changes were there ... redesigned wrap handle and brake , separating the oil and fuel tanks, relocating choke switch , modified take off angle for starter pull .... all seems good .. the only thing I didn't like is the changed power switch (no biggie)... the newer 40 looks sweet

Not showing on their website yet, if it is out.

I see they have a new model with what they call 'autotune'. The blurb says:

"AutoTune gives optimal engine performance throughout automatic engine setting. No time spent on carburettor adjustments. It compensates for different fuels, altitude, humidity, temperature and clogg".

Wonder what they mean by clogg?

i finally got the bugs worked out of my new top handle husky
the shop filed a lil more room around the linkage in the cover of the air cleaner
no more stuck trigger

i wonder if the 540 will be carb legal for use here.

Good point, Dave, they like to tack on the 'e series' for Cali saws. It doesn't have a green gas cap.

Must be from a Brit site. :/:

Are soft drinks over there "carbonated" or "carbonetted"? :lol:

This saw would be the larger displacement and XP version of the T435 that Bob of Ashokan Turf in NY State told me was coming......Looks nice, but, as a strato charged saw, it likely won't take to mods very well....The muffler may not be moddable either. I'm ordering another Jonsy 2139T from him for the great low price of $365.

It will probably be some time yet before that 540 is available stateside... But I'll be interested in hearing how it performs.

Anyone can get the 2139T with 16" b+c for $400 shipped FREE.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Real ale has only a thin head on it, and drunk at room temp. I don't know what the word for it is, but I wouldn't describe it as flat. Still fermenting in the keg and your glass. Great stuff!

When beer is made to be served at room temperature, it is not supposed to hold much carbonation.
That would make it really difficult to pour, since it's ability to hold CO2 decreases as the temperature rises.
You'd get nothing but head.

Conversely if you brew beer and then chill the brewing vessel till it is almost frozen, the beer won't fizz at all, so you can tranfer it to bottles in a non pressurized bottling system without adding CO2.

( I used to be into brewing beer in a big way!)

You're right Stig I just finished a can of room temp Guinness [ with CO2 widget inside] from my beer reserve in my shop and it doesn't pour very well. The can says serve extra cold.
The new Husqvarna T540XP should win over lots of 020/MS200 users. Very close in design to the Stihl TH from the 15 yr old 335/338 design.
But I'm enjoying my new [to me] 338XPT. Fuel/ oil at the front for good balance. Solid handle to starter housing for crisp rigid starting. Excellent anti-vibe not just at the handles like what they have gone to now.But the 540 has one up on the Stihl 200 with vibration thermal isolation for its fuel tank incorporated into the anti-vibe..
With my 338 muffler mod it cuts alongside my MS200. The front mounted airfilter stays cleaner longer then the 200 also.
Thumbs up to Husky for buying the Redmax strato technology , future looks good for them.

Willard.

My 335 filter was always nasty. Way worse than the 200 on average. I am not going to say I will not use a husky. I am more a predictable fellow. I know the 200 will perform and I can beat it pretty good and it comes back looking for more. The 335 I had was in the shop more than I used it.

So that said, I would love to give that new saw a test run.

Back