Smith and Wesson 627 and Dillon 650XL full reloading setup, Columbus, MS to Orlando

lumberjack

Young man on the go
I'm posting this on several forums, but I wanted it here first in case anyone wanted "dibs." Below is the copy/paste I've set up for the other forums.

I’ll be making a trip from Columbus, MS to Orlando, FL in the next week or two; the time frame is pretty open. The best way to contact me is via email at carl ru therford at hughes period net.

Here’s the planned route, although small detours/other routes with similar mileage isn’t a big deal. I will be in my F550, so that plays a role in the distances I can easily accept.

5142b15a.jpg

This thread is mainly for FTF transfers along this route. The revolver is easy to ship, the reloading setup is also shippable, but I don’t know what it will cost. I’m not going to price shipping for every tire kicker that comes about. It’s over 300lbs; freight would probably be the easiest.

I will entertain offers, but I'm not desperate for money.

So, now with the items that are left over from my competition shooting days:

Smith and Wesson 627, Millett rear sight with comp cuts (corners beveled), trigger job, chamfered chambers, extended firing pin, and SDM Fabrication’s cylinder release. CR speed belt, Speed-E-Rack, and CR Speed WSM II holster. The moon clips on the rack are HearthCo’s.

$1200

297d0311.jpg

0708fb99.jpg

b86a553c.jpg

The reloading setup is based on a Dillon 650XL, here’s a list of most of the items.

$3100:
650XL
Case Feeder
Strong Mount/Bullet Tray/Handle
3 additional sizes for case feeder
Powder Check
6 Tool Heads
Tool Head Stand
Powder Measure Set
9mm/10mm/38/45/460/500 Dies
Foster Ultra Bullet Seater 308
223/308 Carb Dies
Redding 45-70
9mm/10mm/38/45/223/308 Conversion Kits
2001 Case Cleaner
2000 Media Separator
Bullet Puller
Dillon D Terminator Scale w/ cover
Digital Calipers
Spare Parts and Maint Kit
Tool holder and tools
Flip Tray
Stuck Case Remover
Kiss Bullet Feeder
21k+ 9mm Brass
Misc Brass
223 case gauge

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tw9Q4XObYzA?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Tw9Q4XObYzA?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Not shown in the video are the powders, bullets, and a few hundred primers that would be included on a FTF transfer.

The powders are all mostly full, some are unused entirely.
cb35f1ad.jpg

Starting from top left:
The bag and small cardboard box are 230gr 45 cal bullets from Precision Bullets in TX.
The center jug is 30.6lbs, 115gr 9mm bullets also from Precision (1800+)
The right box is just shy of 3k 180gr 10mm/40cal bullets also from Precision
The little plastic box is Barns 308 Triple Shocks, ~30-35
The bottom plastic box is Barry’s 350gr 50cal bullets, ~100
4529d726.jpg

Is the shack in the woods and the 2 tons of fertilizer extra?:P

Seriously though, looks like you had yourself a pretty nice set-up.:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You can have the shack and fert, but the goats and my sister aren't for sale!

I already sold the primer filler, but with it and that setup, I could reload 1500 rounds of 9mm an hour.

I almost wish I knew how much I'd spend on firearm related stuff since I was 17. It'd probably be too depressing. :lol: When I get in a more favorable economic situation, I might get back into comp shooting. It's good fun, good people, and generally good times. Only thing is it's more expensive than dating a hooker. I had over $10k in my tactical rifle comp bag (backpack with a rifle scabard thing).

Reminds me of the voyage I made in my F450 when I came through your neck o the woods, that SUCKED!!! Worst road trip ever, only had AM/FM radio and a nice spanish cassete from previous crew. She still runs like a champ, long live the 7.3.

No sympathy, Rob. There are these places called 'stores' that sell these things called 'cassettes' and 'compact discs'. You can find these store places at most exits on the Interstate. you can give them some of that green paper in your wallet or let them scan that rectangular piece of plastic with numbers embedded on it and they will give you whatever music you want to hear. :P

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
:lol: I generally perfer listening to the radio in most regions.

I got about 7.5mpg rockin back with the trailer doing the speed limit or better. If I slowed down to 55-80 I gained 1-1.5mpg.

No sympathy, Rob. There are these places called 'stores' that sell these things called 'cassettes' and 'compact discs'. You can find these store places at most exits on the Interstate. you can give them some of that green paper in your wallet or let them scan that rectangular piece of plastic with numbers embedded on it and they will give you whatever music you want to hear. :P

Ha ha true, I realized a couple of hours into the mission the quicker it was over the better. However from 65mph to 70 or slightly above mileage dropped considerably, it was a struggle to keep my foot out of it getting passed by semi trucks every 5 minutes or so. Rear-end is lower than 4.11 in that truck, great for the open road.

Back