falling compilation 3

murphy4trees

TreeHouser
A bunch of new cuts.. 10 minutes

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/-vhn4_BgikM?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/-vhn4_BgikM?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
maybe I should let sleeping dogs lie..

BUT YOU KNOW ME!

just can't resist giving the hornet's nest a little kick.. ( I get bored easily.... DON"TWE ALL?)

if you look early on in this video, right after the crane pics, you can see the large white oak (5'+ DBH) spar getting droped. That is the one all the experts here were throwing a fit about due to the undersized notch.. I told you all I'd post up a vid of it coming down, so here it is.. On a side note, I was really surprised by the amazingly little lawn damage that occured from this drop, even on dry lawn, from such a heavy tree.

That is the one all the experts here were throwing a fit about due to the undersized notch.. I told you all I'd post up a vid of it coming down, so here it is.. On a side note, I was really surprised by the amazingly little lawn damage that occured from this drop, even on dry lawn, from such a heavy tree.
hey Dan, have you ever heard of the Dunning - Kruger effect?

Ya, thanks for pointing it out.

There was a great example of that recently on TB. You'd assume that anyone running his own tree service would have a little sense right? One of the mouths over there suggests to a logger in VT. that he should carry the GRCS with him in the woods... Hoped he was kidding.... BUT HE WAS SERIOUS... on a beach dolly no less!!! (Sad but true)

Gotta remind myself to pay no attention to anything the guy says... Hard to keep track of them all though...

Tom may not be a logger but he knows his residential shit cold... first class arborist.

Ya, thanks for pointing it out.

There was a great example of that recently on TB. You'd assume that anyone running his own tree service would have a little sense right? One of the mouths over there suggests to a logger in VT. that he should carry the GRCS with him in the woods... Hoped he was kidding.... BUT HE WAS SERIOUS... on a beach dolly no less!!! (Sad but true)

Gotta remind myself to pay no attention to anything the guy says... Hard to keep track of them all though...
yeah whatever. You might want to look a little closer to home for an excellent example of the DK syndrome.

@2.04 when you felled the butt I take it it was supposed to hit the log layed out?
Is so how the hell did you manage to miss it?

Tom does just fine, doesn't need me to defend him. I'd hire him in a millisecond.

Sweet - i do believe Daniel was trying to tell yall something with that sound trac .
Or maybe im just reading to much into it .
LMFAO

1:25 wtf you have someone moving you out of the way with the lower controls?

@2.04 when you felled the butt I take it it was supposed to hit the log layed out?
Is so how the hell did you manage to miss it?

I believe that particlar fall was discussed in some length with photos on an earlier thread, which Butch thought had bad vibes, so he deleted.. There it went!

I believe that particlar fall was discussed in some length with photos on an earlier thread, which Butch thought had bad vibes, so he deleted.. There it went!

Well that answers my question then. Sooooooooo how did u manage to miss it? Looks like you had a tag line on it and presumably a skidder on the other end of that?

Maybe the face was open too much so the skid steer couldn't move it off the stump quick enough to jump

I remember when I was learning how to climb and use a chainsaw I was living at a Zen Center. My teacher saw how excited and amped I was getting on the whole thing and one day he came up and said "you know you should spend some time in the garden". It was a good lesson...

jp:D

Watch to the end, might explain it.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCyJRXvPNRo?fs=1&hl=en_GB"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/WCyJRXvPNRo?fs=1&hl=en_GB" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Well that answers my question then. Sooooooooo how did u manage to miss it? Looks like you had a tag line on it and presumably a skidder on the other end of that?

The padding log was hit and bounced after impact.. How is it that you think I missed it?

The padding log was hit and bounced after impact.. How is it that you think I missed it?

I would hardly call barely scraping the end of the log a hit. Surely the log is placed to have the trunk sit on to make cutting up easier and disapate the energy so as not to leave a huge dent in the ground. Especially as you had a skidder pulling it I fail to see how you missed??

I didn't miss it!
You missed the long conversation and many posts that discussed that particlar fall...
That's too bad! Its over now and there ain't no bringing it back.

A brief synopsis will suffice.
Was it the 1 with the tiny gob cut?

Daniel are you a politician? I only asked for a brief synopsis of the thread and was it the fell with the tiny gob?

Back