Husky parts

rskybiz

TreeHouser
Just picked this up cheap runs good but needs a couple things any one have any parts?
It needs a muffler or at least the baffle part and the side cover/chain break?

Attachments

• 0815101804a.jpg
    0815101804a.jpg
    818.6 KB · Views: 4
  • 0815101806a.jpg
    0815101806a.jpg
    1,008.6 KB · Views: 4
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yea should arrive the 3rd look forward to some good porters!! That would be great if Ron has them! Thanks

Well the first thing you do is order a Stihl 046 rescue D-handle if you want to save your fingers .You can tough it out if you want but before long you'll see what I mean .

They tell me that the rather rare thin ringed version is relatively easy to pull over but the thick ringed version of which mine plus most is about like rope starting a Harley .

Scott might have some parts for it .He gets new stuff in all the time .Another would be Bryce S in Washintgton state .He sells under "cheap chainsaw parts" on flea bay .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks Al I'll check with flea bay and see what Scott has. also thanks for the handle tip. I'll assume it has to do with vibration and or the pinch point with the brake. Like you said I'll see what ya mean! happy building!!

I thnk Al means the pull-cord handle; My 2100 about takes your wrist off starting it, must be the fat-ring version.
pic of it:

46D-ring003-1.jpg

The D-handle bothers some people and some it doesn't .I've got one on the 2100 Husky,Tom's 084 and the Rocky special 038 Mag .Plus I think two spares .They only cost about 5 bucks .

Next to a "D' the best I could offer is the generic rubber handles used on lawnmowers .The regular hard plastic Stihl handles certainly do not help on an arm jerker .

Their made to fit fireman's gloves MB.

They have their uses, especially when pulling over a Dolmar 166 118cc with 190psi. Small saw no problem with that psi, big saw ouch when it kicks back. Broke a hard plastic handle into during winter on it.

Just a couple of them on a few of my saws.

Copyof166extras035.jpg

Back