20" bar and chains

emr

Cheesehead Treehouser
We just sold our 029 and we didnt realize that we had a 20" bar and a couple of chains to go with it. I think the chains are new, but I will have to check into it for sure. I believe the bar is in ok condition. We have no use for them anymore, so if anyone is interested in them, just make an offer and I will run it by my partner.

I'm guessing it's a Stihl rollomatic ES? What brand are the chains, and they aren't the crappy non-cutting safety chains, are they?

And the bar should fit all Stihl models from an 026/MS260 to the 066/MS660.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It is all Sthil and no safety chain. We have a 660 but the gauge is different, so I assume this bar will not work... maybe? I dont know the pitch of the chain we run on the 660. I guess, what has to match to make the chain and the saw compatible?

If it's .325 i would take 1 or 2 chains. And i live 6 blocks from ware you park yor trucks. So no shipping & then I could meet you face to face.

Travis, I have about 3/4 of a roll of .325 Oregon chain that I won't ever use. Send me your phone number and we can figure something out. I'll hook you up, cheap. :)

Travis, what street do you live on? I will check out the specs on it..... sorry it it taking so long. We have been quite busy this week.

Alright, Here are the specs on the chain. Drive link 81 Gauge .063 and Pitch .325. The best news is that these are both used chains. Sorry about that. I thought at least one of them was new. They both have at least 75% left on them, but they are used. Again, I am sorry about not having any new ones. If anyone still wants them, just let me know.

I suppose .325 is okay if you like it or have about mile of it on hand to use up .To me it's just another chain size you have to keep files for and bars .Whatever floats your boat though .

Tom had an 029 once before it blew up with .325 . Actually the parts for it are in a box in my shed .I changed it to 3/8" and it cut just as good from what I could see . The poor little things just don't have the guts to hold up to a tree trimmer crew .

Al I only have to size chains. So lift is good. May be if i by a bigger saw then i would think to change from .325 to 3/8 to keep just 2 file sizes. Or you can sent be one our's saw!!!!

Back