A job I looked at today

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 65
  • Views 6K
W

Widow Shooter

This is a hemlock down on the St. Lawrence River at a cottage.

It is about 70 feet or so, right tight to the cottage, so tight, that in one of pics you can see where it has bowed the fascia and soffit from the wind blowing the trunk of it into it...:O:\:

I'm thinking of speed lining the limbs over the roof down to an LZ in the small driveway. There is a maple on the other side of the driveway that I could have Josh get a good tight line to make sure the limbs clear the roof. Once I get the bigger lower limbs off, the upper , smaller ones will be easy speed-lining with multiple choker straps8)

We'll then just chunk the trunk down with an ISC block and a porty.
I'm still working out a price, all I'm doing is getting it down, the customer is getting rid of the wood and brush :D

what would you guys price this out at??? sorry for the pic quality, it is from my blackberry...

Attachments

• IMG00166-20091004-1016.jpg
    IMG00166-20091004-1016.jpg
    306.7 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG00168-20091004-1017.jpg
    IMG00168-20091004-1017.jpg
    336.7 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG00170-20091004-1018.jpg
    IMG00170-20091004-1018.jpg
    331.4 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG00171-20091004-1019.jpg
    IMG00171-20091004-1019.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 14
No wood disposal? Looks like a short half day. $450

...maybe $550 if the stem has to rope down in small chunks. You sure you can just pitch'em?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
no, no...sorry, gonna wedge the chunks while roped to the block and porty until he get it to a ht. that I can steer it into the driveway, pretty tight drop too, about 8 feet wide...;) lol

I suck at bidding. Therefore I have gone to an hourly rate most of the time. If I have to give a firm bid then I guesstimate my hours, multiply it out and add on a 20%-25% margin of error.

nothing below except an ornamental flowerbed..:( another cottage about 20 feet to the south( riverside of the tree) ,the small 8 foot wide driveway to that cottage , a small bunk on the other side of the driveway.

I suck too Skwerl...lol, i do the same thing :) lol

I suck at bidding. Therefore I have gone to an hourly rate most of the time. If I have to give a firm bid then I guesstimate my hours, multiply it out and add on a 20%-25% margin of error.

I thought that's what everyone did.

I was gonna say about 800-1200 depending. Probably 800 if I don't have to make it all disappear. Limbs look kinda tangled between the two trees also... I would also want to see if I could rig the other tree to swing some good sized chunks away from the house and lower them to the drive... What kind of driveway..

1300 hundred???? lol, i was thinking 700ish...;) and the thing about this job is that there are alot of other places in dire need of a climber...;)

gravel driveway, and i was thinking about that other tree cuz it is taller.

Not trying to rub it in, but I'd probably just back my bucket truck in the driveway and rig/piece it down as necessary. Smaller limbs could be tossed and bigger limbs could be swung out with the material handler. Man, I love my truck. :big-money:

Is there no chance of setting a block in the top of the other tree and using that to lower from.
That would make the whole thing go easier, I think.

Is there no chance of setting a block in the top of the other tree and using that to lower from.
That would make the whole thing go easier, I think.

Ditto

Would be about £750 here. I would cut n chuck/tug the stem as soon as anywhere near top of roof.

Rigging off the adjacent tree is a damn good idea, it's looks about perfect... same price either way for me.

Just ride a Wraptor up the tall tree and set a block so you can drift large blocks, oh I forgot you dont have a Wraptor:lol::lol:

Is the customer just looking for the best price, or does he want the least impact on the landscape? If he just wants cheap, I wouldn't waste time with a speedline, just dump everything at the base.

i here some cheap prices in here, gear wears, insurance costs regardless
i'd say 800 to 1200 is a bargain..id have a 3 man crew for 1/2 the day
the 3rd guy is overkill, but so handy in a tight spot
i think wiley p is on with 1300,
it s gotta be worth it, ins deductables a grand right, plus 300 to pay the crew if anything went bad
but thats just me

Back