Tanaka brand popwer equiptment

• Thread starter Highclimber
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 2K
H

Highclimber

I wanted to get all your guys opinions on the Tanaka brand. such as the split shaft string trimmer and hedge trimmer. blowers , and top handled chainsaws for in the tree use. I was at the local hardware store today and was looking at some of it just killing time the problem is the chainsaws look like they are mostly made of plastic and I had never heard of that company before. I would like some opinions on this from all you treehousers:dontknow:

Tanaka came out with a shaft drive lawn edger 25 years ago that was moderately popular for a while. The motors were solid and reliable but the shaft drive tended to develop a lot of slop with hard use.

They have been around for a long time but have never been super popular. Not sure why they aren't more successful. If they were the best choice then more people would use them.

As far as choosing specific model chainsaws with which to make a living, I want the absolute best options on the market. Cost is practically irrelevant since the payback time is so short compared to the usable lifetime of a typical commercial chainsaw. If my 200T cost $1500 I'd still buy it and it would still be my most profitable tool on the truck.

I agree as well and a 200T is about $1300 here, I wouldn't care if they were double that.

I do have a Tanaka hedge trimmer like this one, http://tanakapowerequipment.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=HTS-2530PF

I've had it for years, it's never let me down. Always starts up even after months just sitting there. Except when you have something stopping the choke from going full on and decide they're crap and get a price on a Stihl replacement. :|:

Also have a TCS-340IS. No problems with it either, but they are a bit bulky. I only use it for palms because it's plastic.

From what I was told by one dealer some Poulan stuff is made by Tanaka, not sure about that.

I didn't like him, only went there once.

I was looking for a hedge trimmer attachment for a Husky whipper snipper and he had them. Tanaka, they fitted. $399 I think, I didn't bother.

Seems to be a very good powerhead on the Wraptor. Starts on the first pull, runs like a top.

Back