Branch Saver? ( dynamic cabling)

• Thread starter Widow Shooter
  • Start date
  • Replies 14
  • Views 3K
W

Widow Shooter

I just ordered 50 feet to use on a job later this week, looks easy to use and easy to splice in the tree.
At only 67 cents a foot from treestuff; it is pretty economical too, plus it is 3000 pound break strength:D

so? anybody use it yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
mhm, you got it my friend....:) my customers have not a clue the good deal this stuff is, just how much better and less obtrusive it is than aircraft cable in their tree :)

indeed. I am currently reviewing my IPM operations and making sure I am charging what the market will bear. :)

I am curious how this dynamic cabling holds up in the long term? How do they address UV degradation of the synthetic cable.

I'm a die hard traditionalist. EHS 7-strand, 15,400 lbs.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I got it wrong, was just looking, it is 10,200 # break strength :)

and they say it is UV treated to last a long time.

I am curious how this dynamic cabling holds up in the long term? How do they address UV degradation of the synthetic cable.

In the first place, I think the tree/system should be inspected adjusted and maybe replaced long before UV degradation is an issue.

The same tree should be reinspected if it had a steel cable, too.

love
nick

I have put miles of this stuff in trees in Germany. It works great.

I have used Branch Saver from treestuff.com this year. I like it.

Don't over think it. Just do a simple splice with a long bury and move on.

The steel guys don't get that the bonus here is that it is non-invasive. Oh, plus while you are having a drill sent up, I am moving on to the 4th tree. This stuff installs FAST.

Much softer, it is a polyester feeling fiber.

It weathers quite well. I saw a lot of my cables still in service this summer in Munich, over 3 years after I installed them.

I don't have any experience with this particular brand, but the Tree Guard material I have used seems to be pretty similar. It works GREAT. Easy to install, easy to inspect and maintain, and according to the article in TCIA mag last year it does a lot better job than traditional steel cabling as well.

Back