old school .026 idle

• Thread starter Highclimber
  • Start date
  • Replies 27
  • Views 4K
H

Highclimber

can anyone tell me how to adjust my .026 sthil idle from sratch. I bought it it did not have the adjustment screw in it so I put it back in, but I don't know where to start when it comes to setting the idle correctly. If anyone can help that would be awesome thanx.:?

You'll need to also be mindful of the low speed setting, before dialing in your final adjustment with the idle screw. Get it to keep running with a slightly high idle, then adjust the low speed as required, then go back to the idle screw for your final setting..

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Right on thanx guys I got it going and it runs great :lol:

yeah it seems to be when I got it the first thing I thought was that will be a good saw for my wife:) but now I can think of a million different uses for it it's small but ok power and it will be easy to climb with as well

I have one too, about the worst piece of mechanical trash that you could find at the dump, which is where I scored it. Kind of crazy to get involved in that project, but it runs good now with a lowered cylinder. You wouldn't think so by looking at parts of the plastic that appear to have been eaten by fungus.

I think the only 026 I ever ran had been modified so it did pretty well .

At 2.97 cu in they are right below the wire on size to run in the 3 cube class which makes them popular for this type stuff .

As per Stihl specs that thing is rated at 3.5 HP at 7,000 rpm cutting speed with max rpms' at 13,000 .Of course if the thing had been worked over it should do a tad better than that .

On the idle problem ,which was the question of the thread,you do just like any other saw .

Larry is right, I didn't look at it very closely. The 026 has a magnesium crankcase, not plastic. White rear handle and a gap between the motor cover and air filter cover. That looks like the old 025 I used to own.

I've only had Huskys in that size so I didn't know, but it looks like you've got an 025.

025_grass_600x360.jpg

023/025 is often leaking.
Pressure is getting out or air sucked in. Many is leaking on right crank side, but some thru both!

I have two here right now that need attension.

Not the best saw Stihl has made...

I think your right I took it to the saw shop and theey said it was either an 025 or an 023 I think it's an 025 :D

I've only had Huskys in that size so I didn't know, but it looks like you've got an 025.

025_grass_600x360.jpg

Back