Micro pickup camper

Burnham

Woods walker
We took a long weekend to head over to the Ochoco NF in central Oregon to do a little R&R camping...nothing going on but food, walk about a little, drink, read, sleep, then repeat. :)

Here's a few pics, including our pickup camper...just a nice tall custom built canopy that we spread a huge double sleeping bag out in, on thick pads.

It is a sight better than the tent when the weather goes south on you.

I'd like to go back with climbing gear and play in these nice oldgrowth Ponderosa pines...next time :D.

Oh, and one of a few deer crossing the Crooked River. Nice area, for dry side ranching country.

Attachments

• DSCN1750.JPG
    DSCN1750.JPG
    739.2 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN1751.JPG
    DSCN1751.JPG
    674.3 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN1753.JPG
    DSCN1753.JPG
    725.5 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN1755.JPG
    DSCN1755.JPG
    650.3 KB · Views: 14
  • DSCN1757.JPG
    DSCN1757.JPG
    751.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN1747.JPG
    DSCN1747.JPG
    666.3 KB · Views: 14
nice stuff Burnham, up here the authorities have requested people stay out of the back country and there is a complete burning ban. :(

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
nice stuff Burnham, up here the authorities have requested people stay out of the back country and there is a complete burning ban. :(

Yup, we've been under public use restrictions for 3 weeks now. Finally got some relief in the form of cooler temps and some light rains the last couple of days.

Yellow jackets and hornets are bad here right now. I've been stung a few times in the last few days although I'm not reactive so it's no big deal for me

Nice looking camper B although I prefer my giant camper with all the amenities.

8)

Nice pics .I haven't seen one of those green Coleman stoves in actual use for decades . I have one but it's not been used in a while .

Nice, but where is the rock climbing dog?
I see something laid out under the pickup truck. Might it be Jasper's bed? :/:

Nah, that's the edge of the roll-top camp table that wasn't needed since we chose to stay in a designated campground (tables, fire rings, well water, vault toilets...luxurious :D), rather than a dispersed camp site.

His lounger is the blue closed cell foam pad beside Melanie's chair :).

It's funny...I can't recall a recreational expedition we've ever been on that the camera didn't end up with a boatload of Jasper pics in it, but this time not a single one!

Here's one from another time, for fun.

Attachments

• Dscn1236.jpg
    Dscn1236.jpg
    693.4 KB · Views: 8
How's the yellow jackets this time of year up there, B?

Down in Prineville, we stopped in a nice city park to de-bone a roasted chicken so we'd not have that garbage to pack in-pack out...yellow jackets really came charging in to hunt the meat. I just eased around them and didn't have any trouble. Didn't see a single one up at the higher elevations, maybe just lucky.

Cool spot, Burnham. I do miss being able to drive out in the country and be alone for several days. Thanks for sharing.

jp:D

Back