My Alaska trip.

• Thread starter caporal30
  • Start date
  • Replies 11
  • Views 2K
C

caporal30

End of spring my wife and I went to Alaska for 2 weeks ...... 80 degrees, no rain, no mosquitoes :lol: nice scenery ...........talk about global warming.......
ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)
alaskasalmon.jpg
Salmond fishing in Kitchekan.
whales.jpg
Whale watching in Icy-Straight-Point.
ALASKAHELI-TOUR.jpg
Helicopter tour in Juneau.
Hubbardglacier.jpg
Hubbard glacier "Inside Pass".
whuitepasstrail.jpg
Whitepass trail in Skagway....road to klondike memories and Yukon.
alaskapipeline.jpg
Alaska pipeline in Anchorage.
mckinley.jpg
highest summet in north america...Mount McKinley.
alaskatrain.jpg
A ride to Fairbanks on the Alaska train.
denalipark.jpg
A stop in the Denali National Park.
fairbankspermafrost.jpg
Last stop ...Fairbanks...underground pipes to heat the "permafrost" so that the groung is stable and do no building and infrastructure damages.

A costly but relaxing trip in "another world":O

Wow, great pics!!!! Now that is a fish!
Thanks for posting them.

Your wife looks cold on the glacier and you look hot. :lol:

Gosh, that is beautiful country up there! Thanks for sharing the pics. What kind of fish is that? Great shot of the whales.

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing them. I sure would like to see some icebergs falling off a glacier someday.

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing them. I sure would like to see some icebergs falling off a glacier someday.

I believe thats called 'calving' and yeah, that would be cool to see but you have to keep your distance or you get little boat vs big water problems. :)

I went looking for a big wave from a glacier calf and found this video, wow check out the waves at about 1:10..
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6zPLA-49Y4&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/_6zPLA-49Y4&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back