GOT IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Thread starter caporal30
  • Start date
  • Replies 21
  • Views 3K
C

caporal30

For years i had a mole in my front yard....tried everything to catch....only possible in the winter when they surface on the snow or in the spring when there is heavy rain and their tunnels gets flooded. We had lots of rain ....so when cutting the grass this one jump out of the ground and i simply returned the favour and ...JUMPED ON HER......LOL :D
Now i can put new top soil and re-seed the damaged area.....
Alain,
MOLE001.jpg

MOLE004.jpg

MOLE005.jpg

Nice story, it must have dug your pad to hang around for so long. Are you going to stuff and mount it?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe i will cook it on the BBQ....or eat it...who knows ?????????
They must be good with crackers.. :lol::lol::lol::lol: :P
Alain,
ratplatter.jpg

Last edited:
Hah! I've had my battles with moles around here for years. I've caught 3-4 but it's a losing battle for me. Kill one and another moves in within a few months. I have then all around my yard and all my neighbors have them as well.
:(

its one I remember fondly from my childhood. a Farley Mowat book adapted to the screen. its a bit different. :) Another one I like is Death Hunt with Charles Bronson. maybe its something about the snow and ice. :)

I like to do the mole dance on the tunnels - flatten them out and see how long it takes them to rebuild - I was attempting to flood them out for a while, as the least my trees were being watered. I still have mine too

If you want to shoo the moles away drop castor seeds in the tunnels or plant a castor plant . The moles will move to the neighbors .

Be carefull though because castor beans contain ricen poison . Nice plant though, gets as large as a small tree in a season .

Al,
haven't heard about the seeds or plant idea, but we have watered castor oil into the lawn and that definitely got them to move away.

I don't know what castor oil would do to a mole but most likely give them the scoots about like a little child that was force fed that nasty stuff . Spring tonic my butt .:(

Moles use the fur of their coat to sense food, danger, through vibrations in tunnel walls. When well soaked into ground castor oil acts as irritant by coating hairs therefore dulling senses.
If they can't find food in that area they will move to where they can.

I've also heard the Castor oil - there is also a mole stop that has the same base ingredients. You have have to really soak the ground for the oil to work.

yeah there is a lot of watering involved. The product you may be referring to could be "Scoot Mole". Its basically just Castor oil in a spray bottle that hooks to a garden hose, or comes in a granular application that can be spead then watered in.

The product you may be referring to could be "Scoot Mole".
Well that would be apt if like I said it affects moles like it does little kids . Man,spinster old aunts than get the idea that little kids should able to take a chit above a screen door and never hit a wire must be sadistic old broads .:(

Back