Any Old Chainsaw Collectors Here?

• Thread starter caporal30
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 8K
C

caporal30

I Collect old chainsaws and make study on their history.
I have about 260 on my web site.
Too many to named but i am very sick ....having CAD ....doctors said there is no remedy ... i will die with it....... :)
If you have any questions about old saws....i can certainly help :?

Alain,

my collection to view........Enjoy........ :O

www.vintagechainsawcollection.blogspot.com

Last edited:
Welcome to the TreeHouse, Alain. There's a few collectors on here. I'm sure they'll chime in soon enough.

Another Canukian:O Very cool content on your site. I love that skid steer wood processor!

Cool... you made it to the Treehouse. :)

I collect old big cc Homelites and McCullochs... I am a member over at Magnus' site as well... just don't post a lot there.

Welcome aboard!

Gary

Welcome to the TreeHouse Alain,

It is cool that you collect old saws. I was into them for awhile but shifted more to rebuilding more modern saws to be used as work saws. The older saws are definately cool but tried my patience and finding parts was always a challenge. I did learn alot from working on those older saws.

Again, welcome but don't make a stranger of yourself. We have a few members here that are heavy into collecting old saws like yourself.

Hi Alain, good to see you here. I have some old ones, but a small collection compared to what you might normally call a collector. I prefer saws that I end up using at some time or another for work, that kind of tempers the numbers.

Welcome to MasterBlaster's TreeHouse! Nice website! Magnus is our biggest collector, he will chime in soon! Ol' Al loves to tinker with old saw and is pretty good at it!

And another welcome to the TH side from myself Alain. Always good to have new members log on.

Bob

Ol' Al loves to tinker with old saw and is pretty good at it!
I can't say I'm a serious collecter as I only own maybe 40 or so .

I do fiddle with them a tad but my interests run kind of hot and cold with the moldy oldies . Kind of luke warm at the moment as I seem more intent to rework later model saws I can get some speed out of .

There are a couple of old veterans in the shed I'll do as best I can someday to restore to their former glory when I get around to it .

A friend of mine has this rusting relic in the shed.

He asked me to do a little research on it, couldn't find much about it.

Saw something that looks similar on your site Alain, maybe the same saw.

Looks like it has a Tecumseh H58 motor.

Ya'll got any info. or links?

Attachments

• DSCF0042.JPG
    DSCF0042.JPG
    153.2 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF0043.JPG
    DSCF0043.JPG
    172 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF0046.JPG
    DSCF0046.JPG
    165.2 KB · Views: 6