Gun carry

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
Im heading to colarado soon.
I want to carry 2 pistols, i will be visiting a national park.
What gives with all the recent hummm.
I do not have a conceled weapon permit , but will likely obtain one befor i leave.
I carry only when i need to , mostly i keep my gun hidden in the tool box.
We are traveling in an RV and would be prime targtes for sure as we are towing to nice ATV's.
So my plane is to hide the Glock and the .380 very well and to have them handy when we are in camping areas of high risk.
Ive never been searched so i doubt that will be an issue.
I will carry the guns regardless of any laws ,but i would like some comments on the reprecussions of being caught with one.
Dark

I like to keep a pistol with me when I can legally. It is just not worth the risk otherwise. I can legally carry hear in CT but if I were to take my pistol through mass and get caught... Mandatory 1 year in jail no questions asked.

I'm not sure what the laws are from state to state .In Ohio it's legal to transport a firearm providing it's not loaded and the ammo is stored in such a way the gun cannot be loaded from the passenger compartement .In other words locked in the trunk or something .

It varies county to county and city to city also! Go to Wichita, the gun has to be locke in a compartment of the vehicle and the ammo locked in another compartment of the vehicle. In other words, gun locked in glove box, ammo in the trunk, or it's jail time. Gotta give the 'banggers a fighting chance I guess?
Here in Butler county, I can roll around with a loaded, ready to fire weapon as long as it's in "plain sight". Same with Sedgwick county, but not in Wichita or Derby.
You've gotta know ALL the laws or be ready to get burnt!

I'd put it where they couldn't find it. Well, maybe during a cavity search they might find it.

Doesn't seem like all that much point in carrying a gun hid away in some place where you can't get to it with immediacy. Legal concealed weapon with close access seems to make more sense, if possible.

It s VERY VERY hard to get concealed carry permit that is good across state lines

National parks don't allow weapons, even with a concealed carry permit. Stupid law

I just looked that up, Willie, found a report that congress voted this year to allow people to carry guns in national parks and wildlife refuges, as long as the state where the park is located will also permit it.

The law was passed much to the dismay of gun control advocates.

You beat me to it Jay. I can't find the website, but I used to have a link to a website that discussed reciprocity amongst states. Almost nobody allows us Massholes to carry, because we don't extend the same courtesy.

Interestingly VT doesn't require a concealed carry permit, nor does AK. However AK will issue one, so that you may carry in states that allow reciprocity. To carry in all 50, I think you have to be an LEO, with appropriate paperwork to do so. I have an LTC ALP in Mass, not sure what that's good for.:roll:

If you carry a gun illegally, should you have to use it, you'll go to prison.

I'm strapped 90 percent of the time. I do have a Mass Class A w/ concealed carry, but really...

I'd rather be judged by twelve than carried by six.

how about a pair of nun chucks then?
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/SUgRqTZbtsI&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/SUgRqTZbtsI&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back