Kunde gets broke in proper

wiley_p

Climbing Up
Here's some pics of Nathan Kunde doing his first 0 impact removal. It was a bitch too, no drop zone to speak of. Everything had to get drifted out about 40 feet from the hole and set in a small spot by the house.
The kid weighs like 105# so considering the block and big saw weigh half what he does I thought he did outstanding. I talked him thru all the points and he performed like a champ. I was very pleased.

Attachments

• kunde's first 0 impact job 002.jpg
    kunde's first 0 impact job 002.jpg
    992.5 KB · Views: 28
  • kunde's first 0 impact job 015.jpg
    kunde's first 0 impact job 015.jpg
    995.2 KB · Views: 29
  • kunde's first 0 impact job 007.jpg
    kunde's first 0 impact job 007.jpg
    990.5 KB · Views: 23
  • kunde's first 0 impact job 008.jpg
    kunde's first 0 impact job 008.jpg
    993.4 KB · Views: 23
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
A couple views from the hole.

Attachments

• kunde's first 0 impact job 010.jpg
    kunde's first 0 impact job 010.jpg
    1,014.2 KB · Views: 21
  • kunde's first 0 impact job 003.jpg
    kunde's first 0 impact job 003.jpg
    1,012.7 KB · Views: 19
  • kunde's first 0 impact job 004.jpg
    kunde's first 0 impact job 004.jpg
    994.2 KB · Views: 20
Cool pics, you guys have a GRCS? Looks like it'd be handy on that one.

Yeah I got one B, I didn't need it on this job, all the brush was able to be rigged with a high line angle. Oddly, I prefer using a Porty when Negative blocking, particularly when I cannot see the climber from the hole.

Great Job Wiley and Nathan

Alot of the times I'll drape burlap tarps all over the fine landscaping.

When time comes to clean up I just pick up the tarps and roll out.

That fencing and netting is slick looking. Is that part of your gear or do you rent that?

It's chafing gear, used on the bottom of seine nets. I make a backstop about 12' in length, in order to stop the rounds or " cookies" after one can no longer rig. It works well, stopping 300+ pound rounds from rolling down into structures. Go to any fishing supply store, it can be had for about 8.00/pound.

Chafing netting huh? I'll check it out. Great teaching there buddy. Last week I let my career groundy fell a tree. He did a great job and was stoked. good feeling

That does look like a bit of a bitch. I hate removing bigleaf maples most of the time, unpredictable stuff. Good work for the learner.

Thats a pretty goos sized job for his first big unn.
How much does a no impact removal like that go for in your neck of the woods ?

I think that chunking the stem on ones like that is the biggest pain. Did you ever see the video of the guy putting eye lags into firewood sized pieces and lowering them off? I always think about that but probably will never try it.

I have a method similar to the lag application that I'm waiting for a tree to try it on.

We used the eye lag but only as a break away anchor while attached to a rotten tree.
It worked once and the climber took a pendilum to our pre set safety line in another tree.Had it not worked he would have been mashed up.

Most excellent Dave. Looks like this guy has benefitted from some good training!

Back