Gerry's Rigging DVD Set??

rangerdanger

TreeHouser
Just curious as to when the new DVD set is coming out. I remember seeing mention of it on TB, but I don't remember exactly what it said. Thanks!

And a little eyeliner, not too heavy, is good, along with perhaps a hint of blush as a subtle highlighter.

Well anyway, it'll be refreshing to see a something new in arboricultural rigging for our edification, as there isn't much out there in this field that's quality. Much as I learned from Donald Blair's book, frankly there are a few holes in the book, not to mention the rather ambitious price point of it. So I'm I'm looking forward to this one with relish.

Did you ever watch the vids from NAA That Don Blair, Ken Johnson, and Robert Phillips Did ? Basic Rigging to Technical Rigging?

If they were less expensive I would've bought them a long time ago.

Same as AM training videos.

Having not watched either I may have left something out of my videos that should be empathized. Though I believe I covered the bases and most important issues.

And then shooting off the hip is what makes my presentations unique in their own right.

We'll see in a few weeks.

I think the fact that you haven't seen the other videos will be a benefit for your video, Jerry. Otherwise you would have been influenced by them and probably would have been somewhat repetitive, covering more of the same facts. Personally I find your writing and especially your recorded voice very easy to follow and very compelling. I can't imagine how many thousands of treemen you've helped over the years.

I can't wait to see it Jerry! If it is half as good as your first series, it'll be twice as good as the AM series.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sweet!!! And I agree 100% with everyone!! Your videos definitely beat out the Don Blair and AM videos!

I too REALLY enjoyed the first series. It wasn't to "polished" and I mean that in a good way. It comes across as a real climber in the real world and very easy to interpet and understand. Can't wait for the new one!!

I started out doing line clearance trimming in 1969. No books, videos, manuals. No choice of ropes, saddles, lanyards.

I learned what I could on the job from the "Old Timers".

Most of which were very good climbers and treemen, old school all the way. Though few old timers had the ability to take the time and explain the intricacies of what to do.

As a new climber back then the training consisted of about 45 minutes of ground instruction and then yelling to you from the ground on how to get out on a limb and piece it out over the power lines.

In about two days you learned enough to run your own crew.

Believe it or not.

I have a fairly simple felling job coming up. However it's in a very "target rich" backyard. I don't have allot of room for error. So I decided to take a look over the "Fundamentals" felling section. After that look it reminded me to use a holding line because it has somewhat of a side lean. It will work out well too because there is a tree just where I need it to be to tie off to!
What I am trying to say is I would do the job either way but the fact that I have read, reread and have the Fundamentals to look too helps me have allot more confidence then I'd other wise have.

did the series come out yet? Was thinking of buying the dvd from AM after I had a chance to do one of the classes with rip tomkins very professional and knowledgable guy.. wanted to pick his brain for everything he knew, wish i had a digicam to record it.. interested in buying some dvds now!!!: evil:

Actually Wesspur has a much better price than anyone else I've found. I ordered mine yesterday.

Parcel postage to the UK starts at $40 and goes up. But basically anything that can fit inside a USPS flat rate box will cost $40. Whether its a single CD or 50 of them. Still costs the same.

And too, as a wholesaler it creates a conflict of interest with the retailers if I sell my Books and DVD below retail costs. But to certain friends and family members I fudge a little on that sometimes.

Last edited:
Parcel postage to the UK starts at $40 and goes up. But basically anything that can fit inside a USPS flat rate box will cost $40. Whether its a single CD or 50 of them. Still costs the same.

And too, as a wholesaler it creates a conflict of interest with the retailers if I sell my Books and DVD below retail costs. But to certain friends and family members I fudge a little on that sometimes.

Ok, Cheers for getting back to me Gerry. :)

I'll have a chat with some mates, I'm sure that they would want a copy as well, and I'll PM you.

Tom

Back