General purpose hunting/camping knife.

Never heard of the knives you mentioned in your link but it appears to be a good looking well made item! Would like to here more about the steel though. I prefer a carbon steel blade myself over stainles but thats just me.

As far as a general purpose knife, I'm a huge fan of the MORA knives!!!
This company offers many different styles both in stainles & in high carbon steel blades.

Here's the link... www.swedishknives.com

Only problem I have with their knives is that the handles are a bit to short for my big hand. Other than that, its a darn good quality knife for the money!!!

Can't go wrong with a Laminated High Cabon steel blade as pictured below on the left.

HC

Attachments

• Frost311_lg.jpg
    Frost311_lg.jpg
    7.7 KB · Views: 138
  • 860F.jpg
    860F.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 138
I don't know much about VG10 stainless. But I am a big fan of a convex ground blade and the shape should be quite efficient. I prefer High Carbon steel properly hardened. They require a little more maintenance but their strength and edge holding ability are second to none. Sometimes stainless steel can be too brittle

Carl had a badass looking Benchmade or something. Lifetime warranty on the blade, I think he pried a door open with it and they replaced the blade no questions. I'm sure he'll pipe in.

There is just so many damn knives to choose from where does one start?

Dang, I like it even better now...watch this clip:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/jvTuL_v5hUM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jvTuL_v5hUM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Meh, I dislike promo vids from the manufactor. How many knives do you figure they went through making that video?

I have several Cold Steel knives, the SRK included. The edge doesn't stay sharp very long. Carbon V is a so so steel for blades. VG10, like in the their Voyager series is decent and stays sharp longer, but not as well as my Benchmade with S30V or CM154. I also have a few Busse fixed blades. My Busse Steel Heart, 7.5 in. blade with their proprietory Infi steel, will chop through a 2X4 3 times, cut through a 1" mooring rope and still shave hair off your arm. I know because I did it.

I got this one made by a local guy upriver near Marblemount. Good size, Damascus blade, good balance between staying sharp and relatively easy to sharpen.

Attachments

• kunde's first 0 impact job 001.jpg
    kunde's first 0 impact job 001.jpg
    987.7 KB · Views: 6
Never heard of the knives you mentioned in your link but it appears to be a good looking well made item! Would like to here more about the steel though. I prefer a carbon steel blade myself over stainles but thats just me.

As far as a general purpose knife, I'm a huge fan of the MORA knives!!!
This company offers many different styles both in stainles & in high carbon steel blades.

Here's the link... www.swedishknives.com

Only problem I have with their knives is that the handles are a bit to short for my big hand. Other than that, its a darn good quality knife for the money!!!

Can't go wrong with a Laminated High Cabon steel blade as pictured below on the left.

HC

I swear by my mora knives ... cheap price and quality steel and hold a edge very well.

150010_10150095547016214_590871213_7320524_5605853_n.jpg

Back