Who's watching the Twenty20 cricket?

Bermy

Acolyte of the short bar
Good for a day off...fixing the boat and watching cricket...got to go back to work...Tomorrow!

Ireland just beat Bangladesh by 7 wickets!!
Australia are having a close time to prevent Sri Lanka from beating them...

I like cricket...:/:

cricket.jpg

The 20/20 version's massive now, especially in India. It throws up some odd results..we got hammered by the Dutch, yet managed to beat pakistan! It's Holland v Pakistan starting in 20 mins, so good chance of another upset

I'm going to my first ever cricket game this weekend to watch a customer play... a Kiwi no less.

achin's Latest World Record
Sachin sets new Test runs record
Oct 17, 2008
Sachin Tendulkar Master Blaster Sachin Tendulkar has become the world record Test runs scorer, surpassing Brian Lara's previous best mark of 11,953.
Tendulkar, 35, needed 15 runs to overtake West Indies legend Lara in the standings on the first day of the second Test against Australia in Mohali. And despite being forced to go to tea on 13 not out, the 'Little Master' came out after the interval to hit Australian debutant Peter Siddle's first ball of the session for three runs to spark wild celebrations in the ground.
The crowd gave Tendulkar a standing ovation to celebrate his achievement, while a pre-prepared fireworks display was also set off outside. The entire Australian team also stood to applaud the batsman, who received warm handshakes from each member of the opposition lineup.
Tendulkar already held the record for Test centuries with 39 in 152 Test matches for India and he is regarded as a living legend in many parts of his homeland - particularly in his native city, Mumbai (formerly Bombay). The batsman's achievement - and brilliance on the big occasion - was almost underlined with a 40th Test century, but it was not to be as he was dismissed on 88 after a catch at slip by Matthew Hayden off the bowling of Sidde.
The innings takes Tendulkar's career total to 12,041 – making him the first batsman ever to surpass 12,000 Test runs.

wow, I understand so little of that I am stymied.

and I thought I was fairly well rounded, sportswise.

:lol:

Ok, I respectfully withdraw my previous comments and avatar silliness.

Sooooo....they play cricket in east L.A.? (who will I tick off now?)

:lol:

Ok, I respectfully withdraw my previous comments and avatar silliness.

Sooooo....they play cricket in east L.A.? (who will I tick off now?)

You're really pushing it now! LA stands for Lower Alabama! ;)

Back