This old Tree house

darkstar

Rockclimber/ treeclimber
http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/may/06/old-treehouse/

Thought you guys would like this , we did this job a week or so ago plus a few days.
anyhow two days later we made the front cover.
Im getting so many calls i need two crews.
But that is a whole nuther thread.

http://www.timesfreepress.com/news/2009/may/09/chattanooga-rains-drought-bringing-down-trees/

And with this we made the front cover of our paper.
Our part did not have anything to do with the poor people who lost their nephew.
It was a bad bad day.
We were reomving two seperate trees on two other totally seperate homes and they wanted an interview and picture.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yally like my phrase "tree hysteria" ?
Its totally wraped this city up.
Im getting so many jobs im losing track completly.
I would run Two crews but i dont seem to have the organazational skills , can you all believe that ?

Anyhow id love some suggestions as to how a mentaly challenged old climber can run two crews.
Im thinking i need a manager slash samleman slash alot of things.
And i need one more big dump truck and one more crew leader.
After the storms we were getting near 40 calls a day, ive heard some guys that are no longer here on this forum brag how they could easily do that many bids ina day.
Well i dont belive umm and it dont really matter anyhow .I take my time so 8 bids a day is about average with all the other calls i have to make and making sure everyone is doing what supposed to be done.
I do want to make the next step however its so daunting.
Hope yall enjoy the read .
Dark

No way trees should kill people. "Tree hysteria"...WOW!

You know what it is , when the neighborhood has ten homes all with a tree laying across the roofs , shoot evverybody just jumps on the boat and cuts everytree within a hundred feet.
Its actually great for short term buisness but its sad.

The part about the massive tree slowly leaning towards the house, and apparently nobody saw it as an imminent danger....that got me.

Not to be a TreeBuzz but,
Did that climber have spurs on for a cable job?

Good exposure, great news about having so many bids to do.

Jerry covers spur damage in his book. I've climbed the heck out of a chestnut on my place, learning spur use. Figured that I'd be wanting to remove it one of these days. All the wounds have healed over well, no apparent lasting damage, aside from the still visible scars. Without reading it again, I'm not sure if this concurs with JB's findings.

I suspect that the lasting damage might be less in younger trees.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oh well another decent topic gone astray.
I dont know why i bother anymore.:?
Deffinatly cant condem me for over posting , but i do lack grammer skills , sorry.
The damn spurs were on to get a quick pic for the paper , we had him run from one tree to another .
I dont know if yall can see but the tree was acessed via ladder .
Honestly the way he climbs you would never see spur marks.
He took them off on the roof of the house.
These are pics from last year , we take the ladder and climb from within the tree house to the upper canopy.
Thats my daughter hanging out.
You can walk up it, without a rope, in chuck taylors.
Gimmie a break...:|:

Attachments

• camera pics 077.jpg
    camera pics 077.jpg
    551.6 KB · Views: 8
  • camera pics 078.jpg
    camera pics 078.jpg
    738.5 KB · Views: 8
In some regions, it's a very big deal, and a reflection of the companies image. It may not be in your area, but I know it is around here. Rescue/removal only.

Oh well another decent topic gone astray.
I dont know why i bother anymore.:
Gimmie a break...:|:

Where has the thread gone astray? If you think so, then bringing it back around will probably better serve the forum than just complaining about it.

Converse_all-stars.jpg

Back