Carnage

Stumper

Treehouser
No, I did not take any graphic pictures.....but today my friend Harry (the firewood guy) and I went on a gopher and prairie dog control shoot. We used .22 LR and shot at ranges of 20-280 yards.( And brother that is stretching a .22!) We missed plenty but we mostly missed close and we hit lots. We pretty well cleared the landowner's pasture.

gopher hunting. removing a pest with a tool, its ok by me. 280 yards with a 22 LR? Thats unreal. Even with a scope I think thats pretty tough to shoot.

Correct me if I'm wrong Sandy, but if I kill all the golfers they'll lock me up and throw away the key.

:lol: That was one of my favorite movies.

Attachments

• Caddyshack.jpg
    Caddyshack.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 80
We had our first annual gopher contest a few weeks ago.
97 between 3 teams,rimfire or pistol only, almost all are shot from the window of pickups along side of the roads( We started the "drive by" craze not LA.).
Ranges are generally within 10-40 feet with some out to 100 yards as I use an HMR with a 4X16 scope and a D-Max Sidewinder for closer work.45/410

pix2014416642.jpg

I have a cheap, and I mean cheap, HMR that I got at Wally world for $140. It is amazingly accurate. It would be a great rifle for p dogs. Well, for few shots, it only has a light barrel. Shooting from a vehicle here would get you in deep with the fish police.

I've never gone P dog hunting but some day i would like to. I Would to try a .204 ruger which will be my next rifle.

.204 would be my next rifle as well, if I was still shooting these days. I am a huge Ruger fan.

Do you have fish police up there Paul?:/:

We had our first annual gopher contest a few weeks ago.
97 between 3 teams,rimfire or pistol only, almost all are shot from the window of pickups along side of the roads( We started the "drive by" craze not LA.).
Ranges are generally within 10-40 feet with some out to 100 yards as I use an HMR with a 4X16 scope and a D-Max Sidewinder for closer work.45/410

pix2014416642.jpg

Geese i hope you are wearing ear protection in the truck.

we have the dept of fisheries and oceans, they are about 3 times as fast to respond to an emergency call as the local pohlice, them and the ministry of environment...

Back