200t repair

cory

Tree House enthusiast
I've got a broken clutch spring in a 200T. I've never changed one. I was wondering if ya'll could tell me how to replace it?

Remove the clutch from the saw (as if you were changing the sprocket), pull out the broken spring and put the new spring back in the same place. Then spin the clutch assembly back on the crank.

Here's a blowup picture of the parts sheet.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
:|: Pretty simple. And I guess I use that black thing that was discussed in the other 200 thread. Does that nut on the crankshaft unscrew clockwise?

NO!!! It's left handed, it should have an arrow and say "off" on the clutch. Turn it that way.

Thanks very much guys, I really appreciate the quick response.8)

No problem.

And how long have you had this saw? Has the sprocket ever been changed? Look at the sprocket teeth where they drive the chain. If there are deep grooves then it's time to replace it (most likely). Also be sure to clean all the dirt off the crankshaft and bearing before reassembly, and put a small amount of fresh grease on the bearing. You'll be good to go for another couple years. :)

Cory the thing I do is change all the springs is I break one. never broke one on a 200. But on my 440/460, 660's when one spring breaks I've found that the others were soon to follow.

I was thinking the same thing about replacing all three.

Cory the thing I do is change all the springs is I break one. never broke one on a 200. But on my 440/460, 660's when one spring breaks I've found that the others were soon to follow.

2nd that they are cheap! but yea replace all three.

Might want to change the idle setting a bit with new springs. You can possibly go with slightly higher revs without the chain spinning.

Cool idea for fine tuning things, WWB. I'll probably do the work this weekend.

Ya, and I'll look at the sprocket. Thanks.

Back