• Thread starter Frans
  • Start date
  • Replies 42
  • Views 6K
F

Frans

Nick,
Are you going to the West Coast Climb?
If so, would you bring me a couple of thick B-line eye & eye prussiks?
Thank you
Frans

Frans- I don't think I can make the trip work financially. But I've had a couple requests for orders for the trip. Maybe to save folks on shipping I can just ship one huge order up the week before and it can all be divvied out when y'all arrive?

How long do you want these eye-eyes? The 10mm beeline splice stiffens up the rope quite a bit.

love
nick

29" thereabouts

Frans- have you used the fat beeline spliced at that length? If you know you'll be happy with it, I can splice them right up and ship them up (or have carl pick them up!).

Otherwise, I can splice one up and see how it feels...maybe put a little vid up on youtube to see if you do want 2 of them or not. The fat beeline spliced up real fast. I think I'll go do it now!

love
nick

Just got it done...the 29" is just fine. It was holding a VT on both 1/2" and 11mm fine.

I don't know if I have enough rope to make the second one, though! I'll check tomorrow.

love
nick

Nick, I could use a couple eye n eyes long enough to tie an icicle hitch on half inch line. I'd take 2 of the standard size (?) and 1 10mm if you got it. Maybe we could order enough that you could afford to deleiver it:/:

Awesome idea!!! Unfortunately I'll be out on a trip until the 3rd, then and important meeting on the 6th...which would mean i COULD squeeze it in...but I don't think I'd enjoy the experience quite enough to justify the expense....I gotta get my beauty sleep!

Nick, I could use a couple eye n eyes long enough to tie an icicle hitch on half inch line. I'd take 2 of the standard size (?) and 1 10mm if you got it. Maybe we could order enough that you could afford to deleiver it:/:

Are you going to be able to hook me up?

Sorry...yes...I'm placing a rope order this weekend. I'll get more beeline so I can make another eye-eye for frans, and some for you.

Frans/willie- do you mind if I ship them both to Frans, and frans can divvy them out?

love
nick

I wouldn't mind some half inch rope lanyards. Perhaps a 10' and a 12'. What do you have in stock? It would be nice to have a longer lanyard for the redwood climb but it would sit on the shelf here in Idaho. I have an 18' wire core that sits on the wall collecting dust. When I spurred up redwoods I used a 24' one.

Just fine by me Nick, sorry you can't make it up:( PM me your address and a bill when you getta chance

Nick.
Sorry I have not ordered the eye to eye yet. I have to go remeasure the one I made. Do I just give you eye to eye measurement? Can you figure it out from that ? Never had a custom splice done for me before:|:
Geez I hope it's not too late :|:

OT: Hey Nick, do you splice the Beeline Eye-to-Eye's like Class 1 Double Braids or Class 2 ?
And another Question, on your Site I saw an elasticated Footlock Sling, how do you make it (what kind of shock cord or whatever is in it) ?

Would be interesting !

Greetings from Austria,

Max

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sure Nick, I will deliver Willie's stuff.

OM- I just checked and I'm glad you asked, because I only have 15' of 1/2" 16 strand left! Do you have the end backspliced? I can make a 10' if it needs 2 splices and a 12' if it only needs one. I'll add some 1/2" to my order (I should've ordered that a long time ago!)

One splice would work fine. Can you put a rope clip with a swivel head on for me?

OM, do you want this one ($27 from wesspur)

3154-150.gif

Of the fancy-schmancy one from ISC that people are raving about lately:
getfile.asp

love
nick

OT: Hey Nick, do you splice the Beeline Eye-to-Eye's like Class 1 Double Braids or Class 2 ?
And another Question, on your Site I saw an elasticated Footlock Sling, how do you make it (what kind of shock cord or whatever is in it) ?

Would be interesting !

Greetings from Austria,

Max

Max- if you'd like to go into detail, these would be great questions to start new threads on. But briefly: 8mm beeline is spliced with a locking brummell in the core, with the eye exposed. The bungee footlock prusik is an eye-eye sling in hollow braid rope with a piece of bungee stitched inside.

love
nick

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Nick, are you getting good deals on hanks of climbing line?

I need a hank 120', and want to try out Tachyon.
thanks
frans

Nope, sorry, frans. The Tachyon I buy retail from whoever is the best deal at the time...sorry.

The wesspur order will get processed tonight. Want me to add on a 120 tachyon to splice?

Back