What saw?

squisher

THE CALM ONE!!!!
Ok, I got a thingy in the mail from Stihl. A $200 instant rebate cheque good on any saw from the 441 on up.

In the 441 and up category I currently have two 46's and a 660.

My question is what would you buy? I have no serious need for a saw bigger than a 660. So I'm kind of torn between another 660 or another 46(0). I like having back-ups for saws but in a pinch a 46 can kinda back-up a 660.

Anyone else get one of these rebate dealios? For me it's a much better deal then I usually get on new saws so I'm definetly going to take advantage of it.

I get little advertisements from Stihl about once per week. I haven't opened any of them in months.

Too bad it's not good on the 361.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've got two 361's already. Imo the 46 is a much more kick ass saw, but not quite as smooth.

I get little advertisements from Stihl about once per week. I haven't opened any of them in months.

I get little adds all the time too, but this was the first one with anything signifigant offered. They're calling it their 'stimulus package'.:lol:

Are they redeemable by others Brian? Send 'em my way. :D

I like my 460, but def. thinking in terms of a 660 next. For the weight of the 441, I don't know why people get it compared to the 460.

I'd go for the 460, you'll probably use that one more often than the 660.

I swear I saw a 650 at the saw shop. Was I hallucinating?

MB, I have an MS 650...it is my big saw, has 36" bar. As I remember, I think it is a bit less power than the 660...parts et al are same as 660 as far as I know.

I got it for $400 in very good condition right after Katrina from a guy named Charlie Brown, accountant turned tree cutter during Katrina. After the madness he decided to sell most of his gear...I got the saw, 2 New Tribe saddles, hitches, rope, blah, blah for a great price (but the 650 was $400 on its own).

You saw right.

A-HA! I wonder why they developed that model? It has a 'lil less power than a 660.

That's what I meant there is a 650 but why bother? Gary got a good deal on one so then I'd bother. But I meant if you were gonna look at a 650 why not just buy a 660.

I don't know why Stihl would bother, they beat the competition hands down.:D

I'm leaning towards the 460 but man oh man, I'd sure like to have two 660's.:evil:

Ok, I got a thingy in the mail from Stihl. A $200 instant rebate cheque good on any saw from the 441 on up. [/itQUOTE]

Give it to "Mr. Sir" so he can be a proud owner of a much coveted MS 880...

:lol: Thanks, but I'm good. I did some much needed repair work on my big saws.

Jonsered 2094, 2 Stihl MS660's and a 440, Husky 3120XP and 272; all in top working condition. :thumbup:

I am of the opinion that you can't own too many saws in the 90+ cc range. A 660 is backup for everything but the 200T

I wish I had more need for big saws. Been almost 3 months since I needed my 395 and almost a month since I used a 372. :cry:

Back