My Muffler Fell Apart.

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
It was from being dropped three months ago and rattling around, so I just tossed it. Crikey, Imma LOVING how it's running! :rockon:

Kinda loud, though.

Is that on your Chevy? ...crappy welds... As long as you still have the catalytic converter...

I disabled sigs but I assume since its in the chainsaw forum.....

So you ran the saw for 3 months with a loose muffler and never fixed it? And now the muffler is completely gone?

Just more proof that these saws will continue to run long past even the most unimaginable abuse/ neglect. Imagine how long it would last if you took care of it!

I cranked up my Jonsered 2094 today without the muffler. Yup, it was LOUD!!! :O

Probably not a good idea to run it steady like that, though. :/:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just more proof that these saws will continue to run long past even the most unimaginable abuse/ neglect. Imagine how long it would last if you took care of it!

I take care of it, nergo. I've had it over seven years, and I've dropped it once. That's what broke the muffler.

Not only is it LOUD without a muffler it is potentilaly bad for the engine.... 2cycles can suck back a little stuff ofn the exhaust side. With a can of some sort it just sucks back hot gases and ,if properly tuned it stays happy and healthy. Losing the can changed the in combustion chamber mixture and opens the possibility of sucking in a bit of grit etc.

Many of the old saws just had a spark arrestor pipe on them ,no muffler . I recently acquired an antique Lombard with an AH-47 power products engine that has nothing but a stub pipe,no arrestor at all .

My only concern on a 200T is the fact it's a bottom exit design . I'd be concerned about melting something .

By the same token though the short fall of a bottom exit is the fact the exhaust has to make a sharp 90 degree turn to get out . If they was a hole in the heat shield I could see where that little saw would come alive . It could definately make dogs howl though .

Back