Looking for a used BMG grapple

• Thread starter Wagnaw
  • Start date
  • Replies 35
  • Views 5K
W

Wagnaw

Hey, I thought I'd ask around to see if anyone has or knows of a used BMG for sale. Any place I can save money on this thing the better. If I can't find a used grapple, It'll probably be a couple weeks before I can afford to buy a new one.

I'll just have to load chunks with the bucket for a while I guess... :rockon:

Forks vs Grapple? It depends what your loading into and what your loading. I dont think the BMGs ever get sold used as everyone keeps them forever. Brian is right tho, check with Dave to see if he has anything used, you never know.

The bucket sucks for tree work, period. IMO of course. I'd get a grapple over any attachment. I bought the forks for big wood but haven't needed them since. I'll probably store them on my new trailer as all I'll ever load is log lengths.

Someone mentioned dave might have one more old grapple.

I finally found my forks the other day. They're right were I left them 9 months ago beside a customer's driveway. :lol:

I found them by accident while bidding in that neighborhood.

Or you could just attach a grapple to the bucket like I did.

Attachments

• hpim0704 (2).jpg
    hpim0704 (2).jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 22
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Maybe Andrew can borrow the forks until he gets a BMG? ;)

There ya go!!! :D

I'd only be using the bucket as necessary until I could afford the grapple. I'll probably get some forks one of these days because they help alot when planting larger trees.

I'll shoot Dave and email, but pipe up if anyone knows about one!

Dave told me a couple weeks ago that he had a lightly used grapple. He might still have it.

I have moved some pretty big stuff with the bmg. I had to cut a little spot for the tines to grab onto.

Forks beat a bucket. I'm sure Andrew would go get those forks if you offer them up Carl.

Sure, he can use them. I am suppose to go to a graduation party Saturday night, so my travel this weekend isn't very doable.

has anyone used the grapple from, ramrod,
i found a new 1 out here, new,
not used and no one at the shop really knows its potential...maybe i can get a deal

Hey Wagnaw, till you can get a grapple just weld a chain hook on the mounting plate and wrap a chain around blocks and brush etc to drag it out. More lift capacity too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That sounds like a good idea Paul. I'm not so worried about brush, but I hate hucking chunks around. The skid will rock for that, and I can probably just roll chunks into the bucket for the time being.

On a side note, the machine will be here in about three weeks. ~May 18th. I also learned a little about the machine's history today. It was ordered by a rental place in Anchorage, AK and was never taken off the pallet before being Re-po'd. So, it's brand spankin' new for 8K. The estimate for delivery is ~1k, so I think I'm getting a hell of a deal. :D

Back