looking for a 28" gb or cannon

• Thread starter JONSEREDFAN6069
  • Start date
  • Replies 17
  • Views 4K
J

JONSEREDFAN6069

any body wanting to get rid of a 28" gb or cannon bar .050 or .058 gauge in good condition.

What mounting pattern? For your Husky372? Bailey's has the Woodsman Pro which are Cannon bars with their private label on them. They did sell GB for a short time but I guess it didn't work out, I don't see GB on their website any more. I also use GB bars and don't have any place left to buy them. I have 1-2 extras in each size that I use and that's it. I'll need more by late summer.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
i picked up a 20"gb on flea bay for $44.55. was hoping it was the orange but it's a grey. oh well beggers cant be choosers. i like the cannon but want a cannon branded bar. the ones on the canadian website are alot cheaper and look a whole lot better.

PM sent.

Brian, let me talk to a guy and see what I can work out for you on geting you hooked up as well!

Jeff S ,can't remember how to spell his last name ,used to have a good selection of GB bars . He used to have a place called S and S saw shop .

Originally near Indianapolis but later near Chicago .

Dan Henry at one time sold GB bars also .I don't know if he still does now or not .

Another thing I forgot to mention . If you can get old Jeff on the phone he has the uncanny ablity to find things .He's about as good at it as Gregg Grande who works for Baileys .

Well I finally had a chance to make a phone call tonight. Bad news all!
Since Stens has taken over GB US they are looking at droping the line! The dealer I know, used to have hundreds of bars, is down to a few Stihl bars and isn't hopefull of getting more. They are upping the price and making a minimum order/sales of around $3k a month otherwise they wont even sell to them.
I guess there are a few in the works trying to establish another sales branch besides Stens.

As it stands, I don't think we will be seeing our beloved GB titanium bars for a while!!
He did say he had been hearing good things of the Forester bars, but I am still not happy:X

I just got an email back from Jeff Sikkema.
Hey Brian
yeah I'm still selling stuff after a short reprieve... I can still get GB bars but they are really hard to get since GB Australia has just about gone out of business due to the economy- but I have several hundred bars on hand...

I actually have a day job now but I have accumulated a ton of bars and chain over the years. I bought out nearly all of GB's long bar inventory when they transfered to Stens (Stens didn't want it). I have folks calling me from all over wanting to know what I have... I even have paper mills calling me for old GB bars to cut rolls of paper with ??...
He also included an excel spreadsheet showing his inventory but I cannot open it.
His email is jsikkema1@yahoo.com

I have no idea what he's doing now .At one time he sold commercial stuff to industrial automotive garages etc .I think . When I looked up S and S it listed some city in Ohio .

He sent me a picture once with a Sachs-Dolmar saw with about a 6 foot bar on it that filled the back of a Chevy pick up truck .Must have been his trim saw or something .;)

After thought : Old Jeff at one time had tons of chain ,sprockets etc as well as asundry parts of all kinds as well as a bunch of bars .

Back