Chainsaw safety

• Thread starter sytherstrike
  • Start date
  • Replies 16
  • Views 2K
S

sytherstrike

Well most people post up things that are neat new exciting, among others. I thought I'd share something I did that was really dumb and completely avoidable.

dsci0003o.jpg

I was in a 45' boom taking down a 55' bean tree I think it was. Anyways I used a piece of short rope to tie part of this branch I was cutting to itself to swing it around lower the boom and cut it from there. I start making my cut, pull the saw out to adjust the rope to the side I wanted it to fall and as soon as I touched the branch it broke, I had the saw in my hand not running, and my dumb ass reaches out to stop the branch from falling <newbie mistake. Anyways I managed to swipe the chain across my finger. I came down pulled out the old first aid kit patched it up and finished the tree. I get home and my wife freaks out on me and makes me go to the er, it has already stopped bleeding by this point. And the guy butchers my finger more by cutting and peeling off the scabs that had started, to put random stickes in. Mind you it didn't hurt at all and I finished the tree and had full function before going, and after wards I'm in a finger brace and can't move my finger without tearing out the stitches. So the lesson I learned is, if its tied good and it falls unexpected let it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
That picture above was from when I first took the bandage from the er off. They told me to keep it covered but I've been letting it breathe today, can't heal if it can't breathe. Well I'm supposed to climb an oak tomorrow, I have a finger brace to put on it, I don't think I'll be able to run the saw in my left hand though, kinda hard to pull the trigger, maybe I'll ask one of my freinds to come in to work for me. I hate taking time off from work. :whine:

At least you have confirmation that you know how to sharpen a saw.

If you really wanted to see the inside of yer finger, we have this thing called "X Rays" now. Really, just came out. You can see the bones and everything, without the pain and the blood.

:lol:

If you really wanted to see the inside of yer finger, we have this thing called "X Rays" now. Really, just came out. You can see the bones and everything, without the pain and the blood.

Back