T'AI CHI CH'UAN ...

Altissimus

TreeHouser
Been learnin' and practicing for years , although I tell people it's my "Golf" I still suck .... anyone out there practice L'yong style ? PS ... if you do not not know what it is , it's a martial art (like the Kung FU) but much tamer . you'll see people in the parks of China doing T'AI CHI ...

One of my groundies has been teaching for years. I've got to make time to try it.

I see Chinese people practicing various types of movement in the early morning in parks in Tokyo, when I make it in there. Someone really good, it's an amazing thing to behold. I'll never forget one guy, I could someone see the ball of energy that he was holding in his hands.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Excellent JAY ! the "holding the ball" is a huge T'AI CHI metaphor !!! .... Also Master L'yong took this form from China , to Taiwan , then New York where my teacher's teacher studied .... Also Blinks ... my teacher worked ground for me .... nice coincidence ... if he would show you some stuff , take advantage ...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
as calm and peaceful as the postures and transitions look the form is actually based on being attacked from eight sides .... these peaceful looking postures are all potential strikes .....

Back