Should I try this saw

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 118
  • Views 10K
R

robdog

cs2139T Jonsered 14" $350 I hear from the guys In Jupiter fl. that it is as good as a 338 husky and $150 less

new saw Jonsered

Attachments

• Jonsered_CS2139T.jpg
    Jonsered_CS2139T.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 219
Although I've never climbed with one .... Jonsered makes a real fine saw !! Not home owner crap by ay any means ! My two cents ... Dave !

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Just found out about it while in palm beach. The shop guy says it has as much power as the Husky since it is basically the same saw. But why the big price difference?

Badging and marketing. These days Jonseys and Huskys are the same saws except for colors and labels. You should buy 5 a week.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
get off the five a week chit! I havent tried the saw yet but when I get one I will let you all know about it.If it is just like the 338 why is it so much less?

I've used the predecessor to the 338, in a rear handled version, once sold over here as the Husky 333 lite. Any more plastic on it and you'd think it could be purchased at toys r' us, but it held up well until the oil pump went out. Repairing it required complete disassembly, down to the crank bearings. Still, I've wanted to get one for myself if it comes up at the Jap auctions, the one I used and worked on belongs to the crane operator.
When tired, the lightness was helpful.

Speaking of which, anyone got any opinions on whether Husky solved the oil pump issues in the top-handles?

They will need a carb adjustment after a few tanks.

An extra 3/8 drill hole in the muffler wakes them up too.

Can the muffler mod be done a'la Dozer Dan style, through the retainer bracket with a screen sandwiched in there?

I would think so,

On the few I have done to these little saws, I usually tig the stock exhaust port closed, take a #80 chain link and tig it to the face of the muffler for support it then drill the link eyes to 3/8" each.

Crude, but it works and keeps the muffler supported, gives it the dual port effect.

Speaking of which, anyone got any opinions on whether Husky solved the oil pump issues in the top-handles?
I've heard they have .The problems with the oilers killed their business to ever selling another baby Husky in this area though for some time to come .

I've got three 335's in the shed with one that oils and that only because I put a new pump shaft in it . The shaft is only 8 bucks but you have to field strip the tiny saw to install it .:what:

They cut Ok and have a good balance but the muffler burns the pizz out of you and the air filter needs a lot of attention being in the front where the chips are .

Back