ITCC footlock

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 59
  • Views 8K
R

robdog

Robert Phillips show us plenty at Santa Rosa a couple of years ago

I hear he has retired from compeditive climbing .I for one have learned a lot from the best..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=negKdVose3o

<object width="445" height="364"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/negKdVose3o&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/negKdVose3o&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0&color1=0x5d1719&color2=0xcd311b&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="445" height="364"></embed></object>

Last edited by a moderator:
looks average....dudes are way faster tthen that now...hell some chicks are sub 20 seconds.....

me? I ride to the top now, thanks to Paul!8)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Robert Phillips

looks average....dudes are way faster tthen that now...hell some chicks are sub 20 seconds.....

me? I ride to the top now, thanks to Paul!8)

This guy is over 50 in this video.Phillips is a champion climber.Knows more about rigging climbing settups than anyone I ever met.

I've competed with Robert, I don't think he's ever won but he doesn't give up. He's made a nice little side business of teaching and speaking and come up with some very clever ways for old guys to still get in the tree and have enough energy to still work.
Climbed that same tree in Doyle park to8)

Funny thing is, those lists don't even mention James Kilpatrick, one of the fastest footlockers on the planet. Under 15 secs is normal for him.

My hat's off to ANY 50 year who can footlock 50' with just a prusik, I don't care how long it takes. Have Robert join us at the 2010 Geezers TCC.

Robert has won the ITCC before and the footlock aint the height O romance for climbers.Longevity is.Phillips has many ways to climb . I also have video of his aerial rescue ,60' belay and work climb.showing younger climbers how it is done is fun.

Robert has won the ITCC before and the footlock aint the height O romance for climbers.Longevity is.Phillips has many ways to climb . I also have video of his aerial rescue ,60' belay and work climb.showing younger climbers how it is done is fun.

I'd like to see the vids, I may in them!

ITCC implies INTERNATIONAL Tree Climbing Competition... the World Championship. It's annual and the last one was in St. Louis.

Something tells me that's not the TCC you're referring to.

Phillips

Phillips is a great guy; learned a lot from him. He posts on the buzz as sohner.

jp:D

Thanks for that.I am trying to set up another workshop in april 2010, Hope he is available.

Still waiting on this video and your SRT video :drink:

Frankly, I think footlock has a lot of 'romance', for lack of a better term. You can always tell if a competitor is serious or not by how well they footlock. It's also becoming a good head to head event.

We get that you worship Phillips. I always enjoy his posts on Treebuzz and he's got more experience than god, but I doubt that he, or anybody but you thinks he's a better TCC climber than the top tier of ITCC guys.

Be realistic, he's over 50. Without full-time training he can't compete with 25-30 year olds in a highly athletic event.

I respect the guy I know as Sohner, I'm not cracking on him at all.

Robert Is the equal or better than anyone on that list

not ripping on you either Robdog but I see four names on the winners list over the last 12 years, one of them on the list 8 times, if your bud is better than Strasser I would love to see his climbing vid. :)

2008 Bernd Strasser Germany Chapter
2007 Bernd Strasser Germany Chapter
2006 Bernd Strasser Germany Chapter
2005 Dan Kraus Pacific Northwest Chapter
2004 Bernd Strasser Germany Chapter
2003 Bernd Strasser Germany Chapter
2002 Bernd Strasser Germany Chapter
2001 Mark Chisholm New Jersey Chapter
2000 Bernd Strasser Germany/Austria Chapter
1999 Bernd Strasser Germany/Austria Chapter
1998 Michael Cotter Mid-Atlantic Chapter
1997 Mark Chisholm New Jersey Chapter

Yeah, yeah.

The TCCs and the ITCC is cool and all, and yes those guys can climb, but its just a game which "somewhat" resembles what we do. Fact is, Ive known many great competition climbers who were (are) mediocre at best in production.

ITCC dont mean a thing to me other than they can climb. Production is so much more. And footlocking is WAY over rated.

My height of achievement is winning our work climb event a few years ago, Dan Kraus was second.

It was great to see Dan win in 2005, had been so close a bunch of times.

I've worked with Robert on several jobs over the last few years; he is still a great production climber at his age. Despite his climbing abilities, I respect Robert more for his knowledge of and dedication to arboriculture.

jp:D

Back