Ponderosa speedline

• Thread starter robdog
  • Start date
  • Replies 105
  • Views 9K
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't post video files here Robdog. Upload it to Youtube first and then post a link to it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Two guys?

Why 2 guys in the tree?

Well The tree was very full for a pondo and we set it up with twice the normal speed using several webbing slings and two guys in the tree made did the job go fast.After the brush was strung out one climber left and we speed lined the wood.Very fast one day Job on that 120 ft tree...The Job was part of an ISA workshop.Complete video is available.

Two guys in a pine is insanity. I hope nobody gets spurred or cut.
I've never seen anything like that in my life.

insanity?

This was taped by WTS and the result was about 25k in work in the area in two weeks time.Good talented climbers who can work together with cutting edge techniques might make a guy tons of money. I taught them this system and we use it frequently. Try it,you might like it. The full video will be for sale soon.Not one thing about this removal was unsafe.

funny new tricks? no just twice the work in half the time

Yeah, were they using those fancy new Chinese $49 climbing saws?

The saws used were sthil and husky.....

The 'audio preview' on the video says something about a training session. That would explain the second climber, he's a trainee.

Some friendly advice

You might be the greatest thing since sliced bread and you might be far better than any of us at running a business, making tons of money, training tree climbers, or a myriad of other things that make you far superior to us tree hacks. But to come here and tell us how wonderful you are just turns most of us off, kay?

A bit of humility goes a long way. ;)

Thanks for listening, we now return to your regularly scheduled programming... 8)

Top should have been let to run as you had it on a pully (run off a friction devise, looks like the lower guy was the dude lowering) so as not to shock the tree so bad. Lower guy in the tree could have and should have been on the ground to do the lowering. Both guys could have gaffed out getting hurt. As it was the guy lower I could see when/after the shock hit had his saw all the way out on his saw lanyard that should have been clipped closer to his belt. Could have flipped around that lanyard and nailed his head or something. I know it was not running, but still.... Also could have taken a smaller top section to help lessen the shock.

Anybody want to add anything ?

lowering devise on ground

opinions taken ,advise noted.... many ways to skin a cat

Safe?

Still not safe.

Be on the job first before your a critic. This is new to some, old hat to us here in the mountains. Fast and safe. blastah wouldnt you climb with me during one of these takedowns? very negative board lately I think.

im no speedline expert myself,
i do it frequently in redwoods this size and greater,
and i just dont see the everyday need for 2 guys to be on a single stem for that cut.
i understand it would help speed up hooking loop runners to limbs
but i woulda sent the top solo
thanks for posting the vid interesting
but not in my tool bag

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back