husky...
Solo....
Redmax....
Jonsered...
Efco...
Katana...

others?

200T Hands down...
Unless you are talking handing the saw to someone that will kill it sooner than later. Drop it from a tree regular. Or need cheap back up. Then the Echo 360T.

200T for the real tree guys or the guys who want to use what the real tree guys use. Or if you think you're smarter than guys who have done it for a living for many years then get something else. Or if you think that two cheap saws are better than one good saw, then get something else. If you're the type of guy (like the guy I worked for in Kentucky) that brags about finding plenty of ground help by going to 'MLK Jr Blvd' in whatever city he's in and hiring guys off the street, then you want whatever they sell cheap at Home Depot.

At least 4 out of 5 climbers here on this forum run a 200T.

200T all the way! A cheaper substitute is just selling yourself short by inhibiting your abilities.

200T all the way here. Although, I agree that if you're going to be handing off saws to gear destroying employees then the old style Echos are gutless but reliable.

I'm one of Brian's 20%.......and Mike is correct -I want a 200T. I rejected the 020T years ago because of cost and balance. I've used an 019T-A good saw but too heavy and no 200T. I use and like the previous generation of Echo's(CS3000 and CS3400) they are wonderfully light and well balanced-good pruning saws. My removal saw is a Solo 637. It is a good, lightweight 40cc saw with some grunt.....but it doesn't hav ethe chainspeed of the 200T. I am going to break down and drop the $$ on a 200T because it is THE climbing and bucket saw against which all others are compared.

I've thought about buying a 192T and getting it ported & polished - that way it would have the power of a 200t (almost), but be a bit lighter. In the end I went with the 200T though because it will pull a 16" bar without bogging.

Oh yeah!

A mental masturbation thread kinda like the biannual what is the best climbing hitch threads.

ms200T

the other saw I climb with is a 460mag

I've always ran 200ts, but I did buy an echo 330 I think it was. Long story short I had less than an hour on the echo and the spark plug fouled than after cleaning it up the rip cord for the starter shattered all the plastic teeth that engage the engine, while the saw was running, an all I was doing was cutting a small limb when it started making weird noises. I wish there was someone around here that ran a husky 334 or 338 so I could compare to the 200t. Evan though I know its the best saw, I've always thought having a cheaper trim saw for doing smaller jobs would save wear and tear on the 200t for doing the bigger jobs. Right now I'm thinking I might just put the money out for the new solo 637 spins a 13,000 rpms and is rated at 2.58 hp it is probably hype to try to compete with the 200t, but I figure at half the price, as long as it is a little more than half the saw than it might be worth it to have, as long as I have a groundie near by that can send up the 200t if I had any issues.

The only backup for a 200T is another 200T. I own 3 that are one, three and five years old. My oldest one is starting to leak around the crank seals a little (I think). It tends to run a little lean after using it hard for 10-15 minutes. But it owes me nothing since it paid for itself the first two days I used it.

Back