Work done on 700P.

TheTreeWiseMen

Redneck Limey
You can tell I'm bored and that it's pissing with rain here :). Few pics of the newly cut down barrel with new crown and new Badger tactical knob installed...

Attachments

• gone 014.jpg
    gone 014.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 22
  • gone 015.jpg
    gone 015.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 20
  • gone 013.jpg
    gone 013.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 21
  • gone 016.jpg
    gone 016.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23
  • gone 017.jpg
    gone 017.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
Nice! I plan to have my boom stick back soon :)

Pre Paint
IMG_5626.jpg

IMG_5634.jpg

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm suprised there are ducks in the pond, are they alive?

The river is usually full of Canada geese, brants, ducks, cormorants etc. They all tend to congregate on the playing fields across the river when it's raining (apart from the cormorants). It's low tide now so all the cormorants are sitting on the exposed rocks on the other side of the river. They would make good target practice but I wouldn't want to eat one and they're not my fish in the river that they're feeding on. Besides, cormorant + .308 round = not much cormorant left.

That Barrell of yours isn't propperly clean either Rob.

Spend all that money on a nice Rifle and you don't even clean it propperly.Good thing that Saiga has a chrome bore.

Not the spirit that won the Empire my freind.

Attachments

• copper fouling.jpg
    copper fouling.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 17
More barrels are destroyed from impropper cleaning than from shooting them out.

The gun I posted will still print around 1/3 MOA with 400 rounds down the tube.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah Mike, and look what happened to the British Empire! :lol: I actually haven't taken it to the range since the work was done on it. I'll go clean it straight away for you Mike! And you could bury my Saiga, dig it back up, kick the bolt open, piss on it......and it would still fire, with not bad accuracy either.

Thanks.

My father knackered my Rifle by shooting a Deer and forgetting to clean it.
Got back from overseas and the grease that I had pumped into the barrel had been replaced by rust.

Good thing he had patched the grease out before he fired it.

I think I'll take that gun out and give it some love, Carl. Its been sitting in my lock box. I will clean up the range with it one evening.

Got some nice small pines that need topping.:D

:lol: I cut a 10" tree down with it once over a couple a days of practice at various ranges/angles to the tree.

I was sighting it before deer season last year and mowed down a pine of similiar diameter. That has to be the smoothest most accurate gun I have shot. Other than my heavy barrel swerl sniper 22:D

Glad to hear, I put a rediculous amount of money and time into it. My tree was a gum, it probably lasted near 200 rounds.

Have you tried the ping pong ball at 300 yards or a dime at 200?

Yeah Mike, and look what happened to the British Empire! :lol: I actually haven't taken it to the range since the work was done on it. I'll go clean it straight away for you Mike! And you could bury my Saiga, dig it back up, kick the bolt open, piss on it......and it would still fire, with not bad accuracy either.

That's why I love mine! The nice fireball makes for fun times at dusk or dawn.

My newest piece of gunfawkery will be a Mosin Nagant. I just want to see what I can do to make a cheap rifle, better, as cheap as possible. :lol:

More barrels are destroyed from impropper cleaning than from shooting them out.

The gun I posted will still print around 1/3 MOA with 400 rounds down the tube.

It certainly should still be spot on with 400 down the pipe. That barrel is still fresh.

My savage 22lr. Will still be spot on with over 500 rounds downrange. It starts dropping off after the 650 mark.

What kind of life can expect out of a 22 barrell?

Back