Silky saw vs rope

pete mctree

Treehouser
Messing around today. Promised myself i'd film this ages ago but never got around to it.

Bit serious, but at least you get to see me bite the dust :D

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gd2CH2tMdL4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Gd2CH2tMdL4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

"Right, that's bad. Okay, alright, important safety tip, thanks Egon."

;)

-mike

Should have tried it from MUCH higher up:)
Obviously use a back up(like a noose round your neck):)

I used to work for a guy who would do this demonstration at the company picnic every year. He would tension a line with a z-rig and then show how easy it could be cut with a handsaw. Just resting the teeth on the rope would usually do it if the tension was high enough.

And that is why we like tits when using our tool (saw)....

tie in twice, stupid!!!

Excellent demo, Pete.

yeah this is what happens when you cut your rope w/ a chain saw and this is that you look like when you run the saw into your face when you land

That's one fallacy in the statement that people are more likely to get injured by dull cutting tools.

good lesson. I've scared myself bad once when I was single lining up a spruce and hitting the dead branches on the way up with my hand saw. ...luckily, I was still using an old 20+ inch saw with the gullets and a closed wooden handle. It was no silky....

I bet the high modulus fibers would probably cut easier than polyester.

Depends on the fiber. Dyneema cuts easy, kevlar/technora cuts like a bitch.

Still, either one would be severed by a full length, full pressure stroke from a Silky.

I just bought a Sugoi tonight... And I ain't gonna try it... well maybe but I ain't gonna be hanging off it when I do. I have some damaged rope lying around here somewhere I could play with:/::lol:

Ive got some extra HRC and Beeline laying around. No vid cam though.

Pete did you land on your head wehn you cut your own rope mate ? I hope so, at least we'll know your ok then ;)

Cheers mate, Scooby's replacement, i think you have the only picture remaining of my old dog on the rotator :)

Back