Help with computer

• Thread starter Buckadoo1
  • Start date
  • Replies 7
  • Views 1K
B

Buckadoo1

Hey Guys,
It sounds to me like there are some very savey computer people out there. I was wondering if someone could help me out with a little problem i am having with importing,and editing video.The deal is,I have both Picasa 3 and the Windows version of the pic viewer and movie maker and I cannot get either to recognize the files on a DVD. So, I can't import them onto my computer.But that is not all,I have imported some video from my movie camera onto the Picasa 3,and it plays just fine to watch it.The problem is that when I try to make a movie out of video all I get is the thumb nail,it will not run the vid in order to edit.It all works fine to make a slideshow, it is just when I start trying video that things go askew. :? If anyone can help I would be very apreciative. thanks, Gary

picasa's not a video editor....it only plays them

As far as the DVD problem goes...I'm not sure there what's up. But you may need special DVD software. Once you get it on your puter, it will need to be in a format recognized by an editor, like WMM.

WMM is quite simple to use...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I've used WMM before. You know you drag the thumbnails down to the story line, right?
WMM does not have library of its own and will not recognize the video imported in Picasa.It goes to the windows files and shows the file covers then when I click on them it says that there is no match for that search.I can't burn any video onto a DVD or upload to you tube It just sits there in Picasa,although it recognizes the sample vids:|:

I was thinking that I may need some kind of new stuff to read the DVD.I sure was hoping this would be just me being slow on the puter.
thanks guys I will dig a little deeper

Back