Woodland Pro

treesmith

Banned
Anybody got any experience with the Woodland Pro bars from Bailey's? I've considered them, but they're double the cost of Windsor bars. I don't know that they'd last twice as long. Another point of interest is that the Woodland Pro replaceable bar tips are cheaper than both Windsor and Oregon. Why are the bars double the cost, but the tips cheaper?

The bars are supposedly super hardened, but the tips wouldn't need to be, since the chain doesn't ride on them unaided by the rollers. Probably Bailey's cuts a special deal on the tips with the manufacturer, or something. Isn't Woodland Pro basically their brand? I've used the bars, they are harder than Oregon and Windsor.

Sorry to derail but I've been looking for a 14" GB bar for a 200T. Bailey's doesn't list'em anymore. Anybody know where I can buy one?

Relabeled Cannon-or is some cases GB. Some of the Arbor pro bars may have been made by Sugi Hara-but I'm not certain of that. I can't say if the Woodsman Pro are worth the extra $$-I have been happy with Oregon, Windsor, Sandvik, Sugi Hara and Carlton bars. As for Baileys Arbor pro bars-They are fine. A nice deal when they are cheaper than Oregon but not something to pay extra for IMO.

I have 2 WP bars, 41" and 72". The 41" is paintless and still going strong, I doubt I ever wear out the 72".

I bought the 41" in 05, the 72" in 2006.

All the ones I've ever gotten from Bailey's were Woodsman Pro, and yes they are Cannon bars, and yes they are worth the cash. Cannon makes the best bar out there.

All the ones I've ever gotten from Bailey's were Woodsman Pro, and yes they are Cannon bars, and yes they are worth the cash. Cannon makes the best bar out there.

Yup...

Also... Bailey's WP saw chain is rebadged Carlton chain... good stuff, but nowhwere near as good as Stihl chain. :)

Gary

I've considered those Woodland Pro bars but VERY RARELY do i smoke oregon bars. That in mind I never felt the need to buy an even better bar. My next bar 36" or bigger I might consider a high end bar. It seems my bigger bars deal with greater pressures in the big wood and so maybe I'll spring for a top shelf bar next time.................?

I've never had trouble with Stihl bars up to 36".

Last week I had a 28" bar on a 044 ALAPing some stumps that had chain link fence running through them. When I got to the chain link I poured bar oil on the bar which kept the chain lubed and the heat down. Sure was smokey.:O

Really? That's cool. I just assumed that the Stihl bars came from Germany. And Oregon I guess I've never really thought about. What about Sandvik?

Bars are a high consumable in the brush. Just lost two 16s this week and they weren't but a few months old. In the trees I have rarely replace any of them in 5 years. And usually only the smaller bars. No matter the brand.

Back