President elect for ISA

Paul B

I dig hammocks.
So I got a mail today and it appears that Colin G Bashford is the only name on the ballot? WTH? Guess I can write my own name in as a write in ballot and spoil the vote. I cant remember a non competition for the president seat before, I thought there were usually a few folk in to the job... Did I read something wrong?

Actually, I looked at my ballot and was thinking it might be fun for the whole Treehouse contingent to write in Greg Mossman.

I voted for Stephan Zimmerman. :lol:

I hope the ISA gets at least a little hell about not putting more effort into finding candidates for the position. I thought the guy who just got elected from St. Louis was a mild tool bag. Although, Bashford is a good guy, and he doesn't come off as a polo shirt wearin' utility corporate douche bag.

I'd like to see the ISA really get with the program and fund a competition to develope the lowest polluting tree service equipment and trucks just like the waste management industry has done in major US cities across the country.

These huge trashtrucks run on clean natural gas just fine.

This is a green industry that needs to distinguish itself from cheap lowcost labor in a real bad way in my opinion.

Is John Britton still around?

jomoco

I know Davey has a few of the Eaton, Diesel-electric hybrid bucket trucks in Cali, but only because "it's all the rage out there."

The technology is there for the tree care industry, but it takes a lot of money to play with. Those no-idle bucket trucks cost around 250K.

It would make an excellent selling point in some areas, particulatly high density urban areas and cities.

jomoco

Yeah... Unfortunately, when someone is going to spend that kind of money, I bet they would buy a crane before a bucket truck.

...but yeah... about that voting... Crazy huh!?

I'd like to see the ISA really get with the program and fund a competition to develope the lowest polluting tree service equipment. This is a green industry that needs to distinguish itself from cheap lowcost labor in a real bad way in my opinion.
Great plan--who's gonna write the grant? I nominate you!
Is John Britton still around?

Big C got him years ago :cry: --you have been away too long.

Wags, I expect there was a LOT of effort put into finding candidates. The St. Louis guy is great imo--good to see a commercial guy in there. I think Colin will do fine, and hope he has gotten over that little chat here last year about campaign strategies. :\:

Yeah.... knowing Sharon and everyone I am SURE there was a lot of effort put into finding people, which is exactly why I'm puzzled about the lack of candidates.

About the St. Louis guy.... you're probably right. He just rubbed me the wrong way when I met him.

I'm puzzled about the lack of candidates.
I'm not--what reward is there for being prez?
About the St. Louis guy.... you're probably right. He just rubbed me the wrong way when I met him.
He seems like a regular guy to me--in the field and in the hospitality room. :big-tongue1:

Back