Moving To Georgia???

• Thread starter BoogieWithStu
  • Start date
  • Replies 10
  • Views 2K
B

BoogieWithStu

Looks like I am moving to Georgia, Roswell area. Anyone here I can contact to get an idea on the treework situation down there?

I live west of Atlanta, Roswell is north. Feel free to holler at me. I don't work with a company, just do side work on my own.

I have worked on a volunteer project (at Andersonville Cemetery in S. GA) with Charles Rayfield.

http://www.rayfieldtreecare.com/index.html

He is a real nice fellow and after the Andersonville gig, he invited me to work with/for him sometime...distance has been the main problem...about one hour from me. I am pretty sure he is up in the Roswell area. Check with them.

There is fellow named Mark Adams that is on TreeBuzz a lot and he works with a well known tree company (haha...I don't know the name but you can track it down, I am sure). He would be someone good to contact. He has always been very approachable and helpful...I took an aerial rescue class from him (I think it is Downey Tree company).

He has also written some excellent articles that are on the Buzz site...he is a very knowledgeable, humble fellow...would be a good source of info.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Best of luck to you in GA, Rich. The weather should be better than PA. :)

Although I am not a big fan of the heat, the winters will sure be nicer!

Although I am not a big fan of the heat, the winters will sure be nicer!

Ummmm I wouldn't go that far... just yet. ;)

The locals panic at the mere sight of a flake. With 1/2" on the ground, life ceases to exist, and the non-driver within comes out, thus leading to massive pile ups, and traffic headaches as far as the eyes can see.

:lol: The humidity is where the oppression comes into play for the summer.... that and the 'skeeters.

and the peaches, dont forgot 2 of my favorite things to eat, okay 3 the bbq is great out that way too, i know a guy on signal mountain...bob bannier, he's a small outfit, dont know if he's close to you or not
good luck on your move

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I thought you built windows.

Butch, I do the fab and R&D work for commercial grade windows and skylights. I still want to do treework.

Just trying to get a handle on work before I get there.

Just
chain.gif

:D

Back