• Thread starter Blinky
  • Start date
  • Replies 20
  • Views 3K
B

Blinky

Did I post this already?

IndoorStump.jpg

So, what's the story behind that? :? Decided to remove the stump AFTER they built the addition? :/:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Built barn around red oak, red oak dies, guy takes down red oak himself, collapsing roof in process, subsequently fixes roof... but still has a big stump in his barn.

Maybe this should gone in the funny tree stories thread.

Built barn around red oak, red oak dies, guy takes down red oak himself, collapsing roof in process, subsequently fixes roof... but still has a big stump in his barn.

Maybe this should gone in the funny tree stories thread.

Now that IS funny!!!!

That's funny, I thought it was small until I noticed the door. Good thing he saved money on the removal so he could afford to repair the roof.

My grandfather first built a patio around an orange tree. Then trimmed the tree and enclosed the patio. Tree died and they decorated the larger branches for years. After my grandfather died and Grandma remarried, they finally removed the stump because they were afraid one of the kids in the family might get hurt from it falling while watching tv or something.. Filled it in with concrete. That orange tree was in there from before I was born till I was about teenage:lol::lol::lol:

dang no_bivy

that was my thought also

great minds think alike

nah......a running joke here. People say the "table" thing a lot

we get that to, "can you leave 3-4 feet high?" nice looking burl on that thing

Get that a lot here also... Now I just ask if they want ALAP or a plant/sundial/gnome stand... I had one customer hire a guy to carve a bear in one by a driveway once... Made a chair on a snag the other day for a lady. lemme see if I can find that pic.. She loved the dang thing.

Ahhh here we go... I left the one half of the broken snag as she likes them and made a chair on the other leader. Kinda looked like a throne... She was seriously happy:lol::D

Attachments

• P1010168.JPG
    P1010168.JPG
    209.3 KB · Views: 5
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Reminds me of a contract job where we removed a huge dead Honey Locust. It was right against a very expensive wrought iron fence. The customer wanted the ~25" stem cutoff about 10' above the ground so she could put a BIRDHOUSE on it.

To keep the 10' Mike decided he had to rig it. The original rigging point couldn't support the weight so he rigged onto a nearby tulip Trunk and tensioned the 10' piece with a chipper winch. It was a pretty complicated MA setup including a redirect on the load line. He thought it would hold fast and we could pull it out with a driftline.

I was pretty skeptical but it wasn't for me to decide. That piece of wood obeyed gravity to the fullest. Even with all the preloaded tension it still went right to the ground taking that fence with it.

Her birdhouse pole cost him $680 plus a day of downtime.

Back