Bow stringing

Stumper

Treehouser
Butch, I don't know why all of the other forums I frequent have such sucky software but I'm going to try to steal a bit of bandwidth from you to help out some other folks.
file:///C:/temp/bow%20stringing.htm

The proper stringing/unstringing of a bow involves bending the limbs by stressing them in the same way they are stressed when the bow is drawn. The so-called “Push/Pull” method remains the classic and effective toolless way to properly string a bow.

The back of the lower limb tip is placed against the instep. The limb tip does NOT touch the ground.

The heel of the hand presses down on the upper limb leaving the fingers free to manipulate the string into or out of the upper limb nock string grooves.

The hand on the bow’s handle section pulls up/in toward the body while the hand on the outer upper limb pushes down/away from the body. As the limbs bend the heel of the hand is slid outward along the upper limb and the fingers slide the string loop into the nock. When unstringing,,the upper limb hand fingers pull the string out of the gooves and the hand slides down the limb slightly as pressure is relaxed.

Attachments

• bowstring 1.jpg
    bowstring 1.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 192
  • bowstring2.jpg
    bowstring2.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 192
  • bowstring3.jpg
    bowstring3.jpg
    25 KB · Views: 192
  • bowstring4.jpg
    bowstring4.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 190
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Butch, No sweat. So long as the url addies are unchanged the other site is leaching them with the appropriate text in place there. I was trying to upload it all as a singl;e document but I couldn't make it work. Thanks for hosting the pics-I don't know why so many sites have no photo capabilities of their own.

Back