hobbs versus GRCS drop test

stig

Patron saint of bore-cutters
Does anyone have a link to somewhere one can watch the video.
How about you, Frans?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I send DVD's over there all the time, Butch. I've often wondered though,, between Pal and NTSC formats.

It won't work here unless one buys a player that can handle both types.
Since I get DVDs from the US now and again, I have an outfit like that.
It doesn't cost any extra to get one, you just have to be aware of the difference and specify that you want a model able to swing both ways, when you buy it.

Thanks RD, that is all I need. I have seen it when it was first made.
The other day we were taking some really big pieces out with the Hobbs ( lifting them out, no shockloading) and I mentioned the video.
Turned out, none of the guys I work with had seen it.
So I wanted to remedy that.

Stig, I have it on a CD too, if you want me to send you a DVD or CD copy, let me know your mail address. I will cover the cost of the DVD and shipping if you throw a couple dollars in the treehouse fund. :)

Thanks, Paul. That is really generous of you. I have already found a copy on an Australian forum.

Huh, so ekkka hosts my and Ger's video. Does he at least have the grace to let folks know where it came from? He sure never sent me an email saying he would put it on his site...

Huh, so ekkka hosts my and Ger's video. Does he at least have the grace to let folks know where it came from? He sure never sent me an email saying he would put it on his site...

I don't know.
I found the link in an old Treebuzz thread.
I didn't visit his site.

hey Stig....that looks like huge nick in your rope in your Avatar....scary:O

Nah, it's just the cover that has been chewed up a little by my handsaw. It is a steelcore lanyard, so no worries:)

The picture was takien in the top of one of the highest trees in Denmark, A Noble fir ( abies procera). In our little outfit we take a day off every year to do someting fun together, it's good for morale.
Last year we climbed 2 of the biggest trees in the country, the noble fir and a giant seqouia.
All the really big ones here are imported species. we had a great day, smiles all over, as the picture shows.

Why do I do a rec climb with a steel core lanyard, you may ask.
It was simply what I had on hand at the time.

Here are some pics.
The tree is right next to an old castle, planted on yhe outskirts of the park, so the wiev from up there was great.

Attachments

• DSC_0646.JPG
    DSC_0646.JPG
    50.3 KB · Views: 56
  • P8300002.JPG
    P8300002.JPG
    23.2 KB · Views: 56
  • P8300011.JPG
    P8300011.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 55
That is a damn nice looking Noble fir, Stig. Sweet climb.

Nobles are about my favorite oldgrowth/mature tree to climb...wonderful round-topped form...a smidge like having a live oak form on top of a 150 foot clear bole. Just a bit more concurrent in form.

Back