Axe men

okietreedude

Treehouser
I noticed tonite on History channel that Axe men is coming back for season 2. The previews I caught seem to have different companies. If they are the same, its at least different hands working.

Starts on Monday nite (9e/8c).

I watched most of last yr. If i remember, Im setting the dvr to get this season.

local paper said one of the outfits from last year will be on it again. state osha almost went after them for the things they saw. said they are going to record the new season. also the logging company didnt get paid last year, this year they will get enough to cover the 20 percent loss they will suffer in filming

It was on last night. Browning and Pihl's crews are on again this season....(met both of them at the Amboy, Wa. Log Show last summer...)

I think the whole thing is dramatized for TV .In spite of that though I find it interesting due to the fact that the type work done on the western slopes is not done in this area .

Fact is I've never really seen high line logging done any where in person .

What happened to Melvin's company, stump branch? I was was rooting for him as a little guy, and in the first season he harvested an impressive amount of loads for a little shoestring outfit.

Last night I watched American Loggers. It looks like it shoulda been called American Log Truck Drivers, instead.

Or "how to roll a log truck."

Kinda disappointing. Hopefully the next eps get better.

Yeah the whole rolling several log trucks was a bit much. Those were some large log trailers though. Much bigger than a standard highway trailer!

Long trip to the mill!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I would never guessed they lost 20% due to filming. Thats a huge amount. I guess those camera guys really DO get in the way.

And I can just see it too... "hey man a little more to the right, the light ain't quite right where you are cutting that tree. Can we get it from the other side ?" LMAO

What happened to Melvin's company, stump branch? I was was rooting for him as a little guy, and in the first season he harvested an impressive amount of loads for a little shoestring outfit.

Levi Brown is one of the commercials for the new season, he was a feller for Melvin, so perhaps Stump Branch will be there.

Pihl and Browning are the only two that are supposed to be on this season. It appears he is cutting for Pihl now. I guess there is some heli logging, a crew from Montana and a crew from Washington. I won't get to see any of it until it comes out on DVD. I'm wondering if Jesse grows up this season.

It looks like Levi has jumped ship, and is now working for Mike Pihl this year.
That's a shame I really liked Melvin, it seems that the producers really want this to be a race for the most loads, instead of what it takes to get the loads. I for one like watching the action, and could care less about who is getting the most loads. Perhaps Melvins company wasn't big enough for the show this year. :?

I heard a lot of the land owners and even the sawmill, put restrictions on the loggers. As in, you aren't working for us if you're on that damn TV show. OSHA was also tearing some new holes after last season. At least that's the scuttlebutt.

I heard the part about OSHA, but had not heard anything about the mills or the land owners. Regardless you know we will watch it.

I think lady luck took a crap on that boys shoulder. :what:

Back