The worst stumps you've ever seen.

• Thread starter Gord
  • Start date
  • Replies 40
  • Views 5K
G

Gord

It's hard to really appreciate just how frighteningly bad these are, but picture a dense conifer forest (with a few big snags mixed in) and a madman cutting up 100' plus trees like this. In his own words 'We would just cut them and then we had to run like mad.' They're really fortunate no one got hurt. They left us one cedar hung up in a big fir snag to deal with...

Attachments

• collage.jpg
    collage.jpg
    849.3 KB · Views: 60
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ok how could you honestly make a worse stump than some of these. I threw one of mine in there...see it?

I will take a picture of a couple really bad stumps from around here. Kids mostly trying to earn a buck and people willing to take a chance to save some..:O

First column, third one down - why does it have an impression of the chain and bar?

I looked at one a few years ago-complete with homeowner explanation of his wisdom, forethought and sublime ingenuity. He ringed the cottonwood tree with his 12 or 14 inch barred chainsaw, no superfluous nonsense like a face cut, and left it with about 6 inches of heart holding it until the next good wind.:|:

I'll grant that he did actually have room to fell it in any direction but he apparently didn't bother to consider that someone might walk under it at the moment of failure.

It looks like this 250 year old beech was felled using the same method.:D

Attachments

• bøgestød.jpg
    bøgestød.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 144
Many things can be L-earned from Hinge Forensics (warning: olde AS thread from happier times there, with the usual suspects, even a pic from Eric).

Even 5 years later; Butch has like a dozen of the top 10 Viewed, Replied, Rated threads ever that he started (with "no-thing to say of course"..... or other wierds, "how do you start a long running thread with just a smiley"?). Shame to be such a freakin'slackard; whar the hell is he now anyways?

Oh, well ne ways:

Attachments

• hingebadNeTree.JPG
    hingebadNeTree.JPG
    480.5 KB · Views: 18
  • dangerous hinges 18d.jpg
    dangerous hinges 18d.jpg
    202.1 KB · Views: 18
  • no pro hinges.jpg
    no pro hinges.jpg
    502.5 KB · Views: 22
  • deadly church cuts.jpg
    deadly church cuts.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 19
partyStarted was closed and moved as lead in pic forum,wudja do today, tautline appreciation thread, stupid human trix, Mistletoe sux, 1st takedown, 12 or 16 strand is all i actually see, but some are listed 2x and i was jest guesstimating..

i ain't crunching it further, but it is only logical that noone else in those top listings appears so many times, even when they had years more to do it... The number's mute testimony is deafening, and really helps to make their point(lessnessism).

This is one from the neighbors across the street.. Find a lot like this around here.... It ain't as ugly as some of the ones you guys posted, but scary none the less. This bull pine snag was just plain ready and brittle... I offered to help but:roll:

Attachments

• P1010179.JPG
    P1010179.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 17
  • P1010181.JPG
    P1010181.JPG
    209.2 KB · Views: 17
  • P1010182.JPG
    P1010182.JPG
    207.5 KB · Views: 18
  • P1010180.JPG
    P1010180.JPG