Buying bullets

• Thread starter The Branch Doctor
  • Start date
  • Replies 41
  • Views 4K
T

The Branch Doctor

Anybody having trouble buying bullets lately, especially pistol rounds? They're pretty much non existent here. The only place that has any bullets left for sale is a local pawn shop and they're almost out of everything. The big stores already are and have been for weeks.

It's weird, it started when Obama got elected. Sportsmans Warehouse (the biggest outfitter in town) usually has a wall of pistols for sale.... now empty hooks. The normal large variety of shells for every caliber you can think of.... now almost empty shelves with a box or two of odd calibers.

I think gun owners in this area are scared to death that a Democrat in office surely means a change in gun legislation and are buying up every round they can get their hands on.

Is it just around here that it's like that?

I haven't looked, I have a few boxes of rounds and no real need for more. I might fire my gun 1-2 times per year.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm trying to stock up on every caliber I have. Glad I don't have a .223 cause they don't exist at all right now.

I do a ton rifle centerfire rifle shooting and havent noticed problems with rifle ammo aside from the rising costs.

All I can say is stock up dude.

Haven't noticed that here at all with the common calibers in rifle or pistol.

However, 10mm auto has always been low-stocked, and the selection poor.

Maybe Colorado just has a higher demand than a lot of the rest of the country.

I'm glad to hear it's not as desperate everywhere else!

I have been hearing reports of it, but have not gotten to the stores to see. I'm too broke right now to buy much, but I sure wouldn't mind another brick of .22's and some more 12 gauge #4 buck shot.
I've got enough components around to make another 1000rds of 10mm, on top of the 400 I already have loaded.

How are you loading the 10's? JHP seems to be the toughest to find, unless I have the dealer order them for me.

How are you loading the 10's? JHP seems to be the toughest to find, unless I have the dealer order them for me.

Handloading, single stage Redding. I buy the JHP's at a dealer here local. About as good a price as anwhere. I've been playing witht he 135gr JHP's, pretty nice shooters!!
But the bulk of what I have is lead heads, but they work in a pinch!
Remeber, any bullet that works in the .40, works in the 10mm!!

i was in sportsmans warehouse today. they do seem low but not out. definatly more expensive than a year ago

I don't reload anymore. I wuz just wondering what your favorite loadings were.

It's a shame the FBI pussed out and helped spur the .40 sissy & wussy round. 10mm auto is a wonderful round for defense and hunting.

Anyone take a peek a new gun prices this year? I just looked at Remington's suggested retail price list for 09. YIKES! They are suggesting over 900 beans for a 700 BDL!

I would buy, buy, buy.... then buy some more.

We're used to it... this state is one of the worst when it comes to the right to bear arms.

One of the reasons I liked living in AZ when I was there.. It was legal to carry as long as you could see it :D
Walk in anywhere with the gun on the hip. Was like the ol west mang :D

I don't reload anymore. I wuz just wondering what your favorite loadings were.

It's a shame the FBI pussed out and helped spur the .40 sissy & wussy round. 10mm auto is a wonderful round for defense and hunting.

Favorite factory loads, Cor-Bon 155gr JHP's at 1455fps? (I'll have to look at the box for sure) Winchester Silvertips.In that order.
In the house, the Glasser, or if you can find the TAPS (Hornandy).
Sorry I missunderstood the question Eric.
There does seem to be a resurgance of the round of late. They are even reintroducing the Delta Elite!!

I just retired my 1076 Smith for a Glock, in 10mm. The Glock handles the round extremely well, for it's lighter weight. And Glocks are just about indestructible.

ammo here is hard too. walmart being cheapest cant keep in the 9mm.

we had a gun show here couple weeks ago....that was the biggest rip off ive ever been to. ammo prices were thru the roof. ex: 100 ct box wwb 9mm = $45. walmart has the same for $20.

I just retired my 1076 Smith for a Glock, in 10mm. The Glock handles the round extremely well, for it's lighter weight. And Glocks are just about indestructible.

Sorry, but I am glad to hear about the Smith!! Never did, and never will like that damn gun!!
You will never hear me say a bd thing about Glocks, unless the quality of the gun drops in a HUGE way!! Many a time I have missed my G19. (other than the 9mm:lol:)

Back