• Thread starter NeTree
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 2K
N

NeTree

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqMjMPlXzdA

Something EVERYONE should watch!

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/yqMjMPlXzdA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/yqMjMPlXzdA&hl=en&fs=1&rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

It doesn't appear to be trying to load for me unless I click on the arrow of the embedded version.

I can't watch a vid like that on my awesome internet connection. But I can say that I have zero desire to flex my rights when the police are involved. Yes sir, no sir, sorry sir. Then I get to go on with my day.:)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You Cannukistans don't have rights.

A few times, actually.

Not enough to know what civil rights, if any, apply there. I was speaking tongue-in-cheek.

Got it. We have plenty of rights, including the right to not feel and act like a criminal if we're pulled over for a traffic violation. It's pretty nice.

How does understanding and using your rights equate to "acting like a criminal"?

I will add it all depends on the cop. I've been harrassed and berated before when pulled over with my daughter as a baby. Expired insurance in a nearly new crewcab that I knew nothing about no speeding or anything else. Afterards I went to the dispatchment and filed a complaint.

I've also been arrested before in a brutal fashion just for being a drunk passenger in a car(yes I was rude), driver was sober. I left the station with a gash on my forehead and bleeding wrists from the cuffs.

Now I stick to my mantra. Yes sir, no sir, sorry sir.

Gord meant that we as Americans have the right to NOT be intimidated into feeling like a criminal when we are pulled over for a traffic stop (although the cops do their best to get us to give up those rights).

With dash cams and such today, there's always some kind of witness. And of course, the lack of video from such a device, is also very suspect in a civil suit. ;)

True, not ALWAYS, but then... that works both ways.

Skwerl got what I meant, but I was also alluding to the fact that it seems most officers here are a little less militant as a general rule.

With a police academy in the next town, we tend to get a lot of "gung ho" types here. That, and with low crime, they almost want to invent something wrong just for something to do.

We have an academy in our town too. That and our town being relatively small (40,000) we get a lot of young officers also. They have the reputation of being gung ho but I have only been stopped once in 26 years here and the guy was very professional. I can remember my Dad telling me when I was a kid that you want to conduct your life so as to not be freaking out if a cop pulls into your driveway but to be able to walk out there relaxed and see what they need. I don't have anything to hide from the cops, but I would still resent them snooping.

Last dealings I had with the Po was a couple summers ago in a town near Squishie. We had just finished floating down the canal in innertubes, drinking all the way, twice. we got to the parking lot and one of the fellers hopped up into the truck bed, opened the cooler and was talking rather loudly to me and my amigos about taking shots, little did we (him and I) know, there was a couple of coppers walking up from behind us. we casually put the bottle back inthe cooler and hopped out of the truck.
The smiling copper asked if she could have a look in the cooler, I asked politely " do we have to let you?" her reply was yes so I said have at'er then I spose. They had a look at the handful of empty beers and partial bottle of rum then said 'you guys arent driving are you?' to which we replied, no, of course not and pointed to the most sober member of our party and said 'he is'.

The two coppers said ok, drive safe and keep the booze for the hotel room and they walked off.

We decided to cool it on the beach for a 1/2 hour before driving out as we were in a very distinguishable vehicle (jacked up '79 F-250 with 36" tires) and we didnt want to walk into a setup at the end of the parking lot or around the corner.

No harm done, no big hassle, polite, to the point and no one got excited in the least.

I got pulled over many times in my first 5 years of driving, being polite got me many warnings and few actual tickets.

I agree with Squishy, yes sir, no sir, sorry sir. If the situation is handled in a manner you dont like, dont punch the cop out, go to his super with the blood on your face and insist he yank that dashboard recording toot sweet.

That said, 4 mounties got jacked up and tasered the shit out of a polish traveller in the airport last year cuz he had a stapled in his hand.

the video: WARNING, this man dies in the video after being tasered!!
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/K6nx0Cx3uMk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/K6nx0Cx3uMk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back