American Loggers

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
Crikey, yet another logging series!

Premiere: Feb 27, 2009 Original Network: The Discovery Channel Premise of 'American Loggers'
A tough, rough-talking and self-reliant band of brothers battles long hours and harsh conditions deep in the woods of northern Maine, ferrying huge pieces of timber along an unpaved road in massive trucks. In the vein of ``Ax Men, '' History Channel's other show about lthe logging industry, this show offers an unvarnished look at the family business and its second- and third-generation operators, who treat their employees like family and do their utmost to fill their quotas and meet their deadlines.

You all be getting "I'm a logger too", bumper stickers over there. Treehouse guys should have one that says, "I'm a douchebag logger!".

They seem to sensationalize most of those shows .Like Orange county choppers ,Axe Men ,The most dangerious Catch etc .

Yup, one or two.:P

Actually, logging is one of the primary reasons for settling Mass. There is a family in Williamsburg that has been managing their forests since some time in the 1700's.

I'm amazed at the gargantuan loads those trucks carry.

no wonder they're always tipping over.

love the accents of those northeasterners.

Actually, logging is one of the primary reasons for settling Mass.
It is surprising how many communies actually becamed formed as a result of lumber related businesses . The little podunk town I grew up in is one .Plus the larger town I live near now .

It was said in olden times they actually floated massive oak logs from northwestern Ohio clear accross the great lakes into Canada . All you need is about a hundred oxen and bull wackers plus a deep river .They all end up in the big lakes that flow north .

An old saying said at one time a squirrel could traverse from lake Erie to the Ohio river through the tree tops and never touch the ground .

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The show isn't about loggers at all, per say. It's about driving the trucks.

Bleagh.

The show isn't about loggers at all, per say. It's about driving the trucks.

Bleagh.

Probably because hours and hours of mechanically harvested pulp logging is boring. Not that hours and hours of French Canadian truckers isn't.:D

Back