I finally did it! Got my 200T.

• Thread starter cutitup
  • Start date
  • Replies 47
  • Views 5K
C

cutitup

I've been using my 'ol 015, my weak azz 011, and my good friend 020. Well now all my old saws are giving me fits with this darn ethonal fuel mix. It's seems to be eating the heck out of the old ploymers in the carb, fuel lines, etc. I have a takedown to do this Sat so I finally bucked up the $600+ and came home with a shiny new 200T. I can tell I like the balance already.

Congrats! I resisted for a long time, but finally made the switch several years ago and I'll never use anything else... at least until something better comes along. ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thanks everybody! But, Butch, if I remove the screen I might start a forest fire:P

I took the screen outta my saws years ago and never looked back. Work in Cali, a very dry state. Never have yet had a spark 'jump' out of the saw...

They tell me the 200 has a couple of internal tabs in the muffler that restrict the exhaust . I really can't comment on that at the moment because I haven't yet delved into modifying mine yet .

Not to go off on a tangent but the bottom exhaust is where a lot of improvememt could be done on these little saws .

The exhaust comes firing out of that thing and hits a square corner .That can't be good as far as flow .

Just a thought .Rather than high jack the thread I'll do one on the exhaust maybe in March when I rework the 200T . That is if it warms up by then .

Yeah, Guy's I can't wait to try it out tomorrow. I've never (listen close for the 'knocking on wood' sound) dropped a saw yet. At least not on purpose:what:
I'll run it a bit with the screen in just to make sure she's a keeper and it has no problems. After that I'll tear it out and be done with it. I'll post a follow up on how it works. Perhaps even pics if a ol dinosour like me can figure out how:roll:

I have a MS200T, but I don't use it as much as my 192T. Reason is most of my work is pruning and I seldom need to cut a branch over 4 inches. In fact, 75% of my cuts is with a Kanzawa handsaw.

For takedowns or heavy size reductions, there is no question. I grab the 200.

The reason I use the 192 for small stuff is it is cheaper to replace, lighter and no real time savings in cutting 2-4 inch wood between the two.

Wow, Pete,looks loud....!!!

and fast!!

I'll bet it'll beat that 026....

Just curious but how many of you full time 200T users have the STIHL lightweight bar installed?
Do they hold up OK or bend too easy?
Thanks,
Eddie

I'm using one. It can take more bend and return to normal better than the regular one, but I don't think I'll buy it again. I don't notice any weight difference to speak of.

I'm not a full time sawman but mine has a Stihl light weight bar .The thing was bent and I spent about an hour straightening it out .

Well used it yesterday. I gotta say it's a very nice saw. Balances well, and a good amount of power. It won't cure cancer or make the world a safer place :lol: but I really like it. Sometimes though it took a few pulls to get it started I'm thinking that's cause she's brandy new. Or am I expecting too much for it to start on the first or second pull?
The job went well except at the end I was chunking down the spar and thought I had my back cut done right but I didn't. When I pushed it off I had a slight peel and that threw my aim out of whack and I hit part of the HO's deck. Luckily no damage. I'm still mad at myself for that.
But all in all great saw and good day!! Now I gotta rip that screen out :/:

I use an Oregon bar and 3/8" VX chain. I like the fatter kerf.

Back