Feb 17? I don't think so!

MasterBlaster

Administrator Emeritus
I was all set for the change to digital fricking television and now because so many idiots pissed and moaned about "not being ready" I have to wait MONTHS.

Dumbass bastids. Buy the converter box or even better... A NEW TV.

Sorry, I just gotta rant. I've got NBC, CBS, and PBS already in high def and it's awesome. You can see individual hairs and how bad the complexions are of many people it's so clear - almost 3-D. I was PUMPED for Feb 17, but now....

:X

Hawaii already changed over on Jan. 15th. First in the nation. No mo analog here.

We have the digi box here on both TV's but the TV's are the same, doesnt seem any better than before, maybe we need a new TV or two, too?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You need a set with a digital tuner = LCD flatscreen = new TV.

Only two responses? I'm guessing ya'll must not have seen a high def pitcher yet.

No, I haven't seen it yet, don't have cable here, and the regular stations aren't much putting it out yet, aside from some rare promotion things. I was curious how you were describing it, being so clear.

It's clear alright. We have it on some channels, but they keep putting the anolog cutoff date forward. Was 2008, 2010, just checked & now it's 2013.

I might be cynical, but there are a lot of non HD TV's on sale here. :roll:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
It's almost 3D - you can see with depth and clarity.

I love my hi-def, don't really gas about the change though, I've got a ton of HD channels on cable....:D

Heck, I have cable - do you mean the premium pay channels? :?

I thought the signals were already there for digital, you get them if you have the proper receiver....they're there anyway right now.

BUT....if the only signal you get is analog, that date is when you are SOL unless you have your converters.

If you're already getting digital signal, than what difference would it make to you, Butch?

What am I missing?

We have digital cable here. A lot of Hi Def channels are already available that way.
There is a huge difference between hid def and non. But you do really need a high def tv to notice it.

I am waiting till my current TV's pack it in before we get in the flat screen age, the converters we have will get the digital signal but it wont make a difference in the picture as they are CRT. I have been eyeballing the prices at Costco when I have happened through, I think that a nice sized tv will be had for around 800 bucks or so, maybe less if the economy keeps tanking.

I can't blame you a bit for that Paul!!
The TV in the living room was over ten years old, and it showed in the picture. The TV in the garage died, we had the money and got what I think was a great buy on the new one.
It's like a frikin movie theater in here now!! I love it, nice and cozy on my reclining couch:D

I don't know....I'm using one of those DTV converters....all our local channels come through on it already. Some of them have two or three EXTRA channels (ex: 18.1, 18.2......1 being the main channel we're used to and .2, .3, etc have Radar or additional programing.)

Hi Definition is only good for those with a Hi Definition television....most of which I believe are already digital. For us cheap bastards, with sets from the last century....I don't believe we'll be seeing alot of difference besides slightly better reception, a few extra, and another %^&*$ remote to keep up with for every set.

PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

if you have digital signal and a converter the limiting factor will be the TV. It can only project as good as it did before.
If you upgrade to an HD tv you will see a BIG difference in picture quality if you have the other equipment necessary.
Dont forget to pick up a decent surround sound system while you are at the electronics store, it makes a WORLD of difference compared to the TV set speakers. :D

HAHAHA

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/xy-pD-M0rY4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/xy-pD-M0rY4&color1=0xb1b1b1&color2=0xcfcfcf&hl=en&feature=player_embedded&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Back