Border Reiver clans

• Thread starter Bounce
  • Start date
  • Replies 19
  • Views 3K
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The first day the stock market took a huge dive, I got a call from my Grandma. She was actually happy things were getting harder. She thinks that easy times make people soft, and that our people have always done better during hard times. She may have a point there.

Border reivers were the gangsters of their day, running protection rackets across the Scottish English border.
Generally they were the worst kind of scum.

Clan Donald.... not one of the Border Reivers.

But we still like to kill the English though!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Border reivers were the gangsters of their day, running protection rackets across the Scottish English border.
Generally they were the worst kind of scum.

:lol: Spoken like a true Englishman! I won't deny that the reivers were ruthless, but at least amongst our own people it was considered an honorable and respectable way to make a living. Especially since there wasn't any other way. People living along the border had their homes and fields burned 6 times per year on average for 300 years.

yeah, but we beat the crap out of you Jocks repeatedly. Dont believe the hollywood version;)

I never said we won all the time... we just enjoyed the killing! We only killed the Welsh when you sided with the limeys... and then we all got together and killed other people a few times. :P

Ya gotta admit, Mel Gibson does a damn good old Scottish accent.

Bounce, the worst Reiving Clans were from Cumbria, on the English side. I was up there yesterday pricing up a big peat bog restoration job.

Blinky - Bollux. English battered the Welsh AND the Scots - at the same time. I live a mile away from Edward the 1st last great castle used to totally subjugate the Welsh. - http://www.castlewales.com/beaumar.html

And, no I have to disagree with you on Mel Gibson's hamfisted rendering of William Wallace.

Back